Scheduling.

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By zkat

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 16th, 2013, 06:06 PM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Are any of our new moms trying to get baby on a schedule yet? If so, what is it? If not, what time do you go into nighttime mode (ie. putting baby in their bed vs wherever they sleep during the day, putting night clothes on, etc)?

#1, 4, 5, 7
June 16th, 2013, 07:07 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Our "schedule" is baby led. I learned very quickly with my first that trying to force something at this stage ony ended in tears and frustration for me. Baby needs what baby needs and it doesn't change because it doesn't work for me. DH and I joked with B1 that as soon as we figured out his schedule, he changed it.

That being said, I do pay attention to patterns to help me figure out what he needs.
June 16th, 2013, 07:14 PM
Maybe a better question would be has baby developed any patterns as far as night time goes?

#1, 4, 5, 7
June 16th, 2013, 07:20 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So far in the first 5days, he wakes up every 2.5 hours to eat for about 20min and the last one (3am orzo) he feeds longer but will gives us 4 hours or so
June 16th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
No schedule yet. I tried starting to put him in his crib after his last feeding at 11 or midnight, but he doesn't like to sleep in his crib yet. And he HATES any night time clothes, so he just sleeps in what he wore all day. I'm hoping he'll soon like to sleep in his crib, so I can sleep in our bed. But typically I'll declare it bed time after his last night time feeding because then usually he won't wake up again until 4 hours later.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
June 17th, 2013, 01:10 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also do baby led scheduling at this age. She eats when she is hungry and sleeps when she is tired. I do change her into jammies, rub her down with lotion, and lay her down in her cradle after her last evening feeding (usually around 10-11). After that, she goes in the cradle when she is sleeping until we all wake up for the day around 7-8. It honestly doesn't change her eating every 3-4 hours but I figure eventually it might help for her to know when it's nighttime vs daytime activity.

June 17th, 2013, 01:40 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleykathleen View Post
I also do baby led scheduling at this age. She eats when she is hungry and sleeps when she is tired. I do change her into jammies, rub her down with lotion, and lay her down in her cradle after her last evening feeding (usually around 10-11). After that, she goes in the cradle when she is sleeping until we all wake up for the day around 7-8. It honestly doesn't change her eating every 3-4 hours but I figure eventually it might help for her to know when it's nighttime vs daytime activity.
This is what we do as well. But go off her lead at the same time.

June 17th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleykathleen View Post
This is what we've been doing. I wish he would be a little more predictable but that'll come with time.

#1, 4, 5, 7
June 17th, 2013, 06:10 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I turn off all bright lights around 8pm, do a diaper change around 8:30, and start a feeding after that. I let her eat until she falls asleep and try and put her down around 9:30. Obviously it's not a strict schedule yet, but I'm at least trying to get a nighttime routine started. Some nights she plays along...others not so much.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search