Random thoughts...

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree17Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 18th, 2013, 11:47 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Post your random thoughts here.

June 19th, 2013, 02:32 AM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Today is my due date...and I am still pregnant. I think I am okay with that. I am going to enjoy this last week or so of being pregnant because I know more than likely it will be the last week or so that I am ever pregnant.
I am frustrated that my body doesn't seem to ever want to go into labor on its own but there are worse problems than baby not wanting to come out. And who knows...my body could still surprise me. I mean I am JUST at my due date that isn't that big of a deal.
navywifey2003, Karen78 and Kim3 like this.
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
June 19th, 2013, 05:10 AM
zombiemommy's Avatar Veteran
I read about microwaves the other day... about how they work to heat things up is by basically making it move really fast on a molecular level, which actually changes the food on a molecular level to the point where your body doesn't recognize what its digesting not only in terms of any kind of vitamins and nutrients, which are destroyed, but the entire molecular makeup of the food is unrecognizable.
I haven't used the microwave since...
4hearts likes this.
June 19th, 2013, 05:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
While I get exhausted with night feedings, there is a part of me that loves the fact that my baby girl is closer to me than anyone else in this world. My boys are 8 and 10. their independence is great. It is wonderful to be needed though.

June 19th, 2013, 05:31 AM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
enough said

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

June 19th, 2013, 06:24 AM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiemommy View Post
I read about microwaves the other day... about how they work to heat things up is by basically making it move really fast on a molecular level, which actually changes the food on a molecular level to the point where your body doesn't recognize what its digesting not only in terms of any kind of vitamins and nutrients, which are destroyed, but the entire molecular makeup of the food is unrecognizable.
We haven't used a microwave in about 2-3 years. Everyone always thinks we are strange when they come over here and we don't have one.
4hearts and Joanne Nicole like this.
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
June 19th, 2013, 06:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Babies are born knowing that they can move their bodies by tossing their heads around and using it as an anchor, lol.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

June 19th, 2013, 07:18 AM
Rochelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiemommy View Post

YUP! We haven't owned or used one in over 10 yrs. People think we're crazy for it but I don't have to wonder what we're actually eating, LOL. Plus it's easier to not eat processed things when you don't use the microwave.
June 19th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Super Mommy
i am obsessed with the song 'just give me a reason' by Pink...and i love the video too. her and her husband are so cute together.

definitely random lol
bribugg13 and mommy220 like this.
June 19th, 2013, 09:34 AM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
I feel like a breastfeeding failure. ...and I'm echausted....and crying today ....and I feel lonely:-(

Exhuasted*****

June 19th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ditto on the microwave stuff... We had one that we didn't use very often, but we noticed that every time we used it, the wireless Internet would cut out. We did some research and found out that it was caused by a defective shield - so basically every time we used it, we were flooding ourselves with radiation. Fun stuff. So we got rid of it! Don't miss it at all. It's definitely easier to avoid processed foods without a microwave.

My random thoughts... This morning when I was feeding Finn at 4 am, I named all of the little woodland creatures in his stuffed animal basket. There's Delilah and Pip - mama and baby foxes, Copernicus Owl, Henrietta Hedgehog, Sam Squirrel, and Nutmeg and Posy - mama and baby bunnies.

June 19th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlinmommy17 View Post
I feel like a breastfeeding failure. ...and I'm echausted....and crying today ....and I feel lonely:-(

Exhuasted*****
You are not a failure! Why do you feel like a failure?

We need a new computer chair so badly!

June 19th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Madeleine is not gaining weight. I am breastfeeding her constantly she sucks for only: a few minutes and then falls asleep. when she does actively suck and swallow she gets choked and pulls off. we go through this same vicious cycle all day long, so all I have managed to do for the past 2 days is sit and attempt to feed her. I am exhausted and breaking down into tears. I don't know why breastfeeding is always so hard for me. we go tomorrow for another way to check and if her weight is not climbing I don't know what is next for us.

June 19th, 2013, 10:14 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellydiane521 View Post
i am obsessed with the song 'just give me a reason' by Pink...and i love the video too. her and her husband are so cute together.

definitely random lol
ME TOO!! I love, love that song! I was hearing it on the radio like every 5th song (which is awesome when it's a new song you love, but not so awesome for songs that you don't like or are tired of hearing ha ha) but haven't heard it in awhile!!! I haven't seen the video for it yet. I also love Nate Ruess' (Fun) voice, which makes the song that much more awesome!
KellBell2621 likes this.

June 19th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlinmommy17 View Post
Madeleine is not gaining weight. I am breastfeeding her constantly she sucks for only: a few minutes and then falls asleep. when she does actively suck and swallow she gets choked and pulls off. we go through this same vicious cycle all day long, so all I have managed to do for the past 2 days is sit and attempt to feed her. I am exhausted and breaking down into tears. I don't know why breastfeeding is always so hard for me. we go tomorrow for another way to check and if her weight is not climbing I don't know what is next for us.
What was her coming home weight? And how much has she gained from her coming home weight?
Have you tried block feeding?

June 19th, 2013, 10:26 AM
Coming home weight was 8lb 13....she was exactly the same 2 days ago. What is block feeding??

June 19th, 2013, 10:30 AM
I wouldnt be worried that she was the same 2 days ago. EBF babies take a little longer to put on the weight usually and since she was heavier to begin with it may take her a little longer. And she could have lost more without you knowing it and is now gaining.

Block feeding is where you feed her from one breast for several feeds and then switch. Since you said she is gagging its likely you have an overactive letdown. Which in turn she may not be able to get to the fatty hind milk before she is full or too tired to eat anymore. Feeding her on one side for a few feeds and then switching will help her get to that fatty milk.

How is her urine output and her poop what does it look like? Is it green or yellow and seedy? If its green its even more likely she is getting to much foremilk.

June 19th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Her poops are very yellow and seedy....and she poops all day long! What do I do about an overactive letdown?

June 19th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Over active let down should get better over time. It may help to hand express first before bringing her to the breast. It honestly sounds like she is eating great. If she wasn't her poop wouldn't be perfect bf baby poop and her urine output wouldn't be good. You are doing great Hun!

Here ya go Hun this has tons of information and it sounds just like what she is doing.

http://kellymom.com/bf/got-milk/supp.../fast-letdown/

June 19th, 2013, 11:18 AM
Thank you so much. ..I have been feeling quite depressed and talking about it has helped a lo

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search