getting out

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 19th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Krisnina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My little guy is 2 weeks tonight at 1145. Neither my husband or I have family in state. I know it is not recommended to go out into public for a while, but im going crazy. Ive been cooped up in the house with no visitors, plus I was on bedrest for 11weeks before giving birth. I guess my question is when do I plan on getting out....and what are you doing to pass the time, so it doesnt feel like you are stuck inside with a baby attached to your boob.

June 19th, 2013, 11:51 AM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I start leaving the house right away. It is not good for me to be stuck inside... I go a little stir crazy. I just make sure baby is covered so people are less likely to be all over baby.
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
June 19th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Super Mommy
My guy is four days and we've been on a few walks, we went to the store and we just got back from the playground. I have him wrapped in my baby k'tan so all people can really do is look at him. Otherwise it seems like they're invading my personal space so they don't really want to touch him. Plus I figure it's summer time, there's not a whole lot of viruses floating around, and fresh air is good for everyone. I go nuts just sitting around my house!
June 19th, 2013, 11:59 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
We have already been out several times. I have 3 older children and it just isn't fair to anyone to remain stuck in the house. Get out Hun it will be good for you both!

June 19th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Super Mommy
i think you should be fine to go out, as long as baby is healthy. we took ds out around 1 week old, just kept him covered and didn't stay out too long. we'll prob do the same this time around...and actually we may have gone out sooner with ds but i was in so much pain from tearing it just hurt to walk too much.
June 19th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We've been out. We had to go back and forth to a lab to have their bloodwork done so I pretty much figured that with all the people in and out of there taking them to the store covered in their stroller wasn't as bad. We're planning on taking them to SS's t-ball game this Sat and they are two weeks old today.
June 19th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I only waited a couple days with both my girls but it was also colder when they were born. I plan to take Zack out as soon as I am feeling up to it so that the girls are cooped up in the house since its not far to them.

June 19th, 2013, 01:11 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
Like PP said, I would go crazy if I stayed in the house for so long, and depression would hit even harder! I made sure to get out with Connor after a few days, just a daily walk around Target, grocery store, restaurant. Anywhere to just get out of the house. If you're worried about germs or people touching baby, I would recommend baby wearing, or just keeping a light blanket over the carseat so no one can see or touch.

June 19th, 2013, 01:27 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We dont stay home, i fall into arather depressive state if I can't get out and about. Bodhi has high Bili so after it cools down, we walk him around the neighborhood for some natural light therapy in the evenings.
June 19th, 2013, 01:31 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I plan to take baby out after a week or so, when I am not feeling half dead. I have a 5 year old dd and we have been having fun everyday so I really want to be able to continue to have fun this summer. I plan to baby wear and keep her close. We go to the library, park, playground, shopping, for ice cream, her gymnastics, to camp, etc.

June 19th, 2013, 01:46 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been taking Morgan out since she was 3 days old. I get cabin fever so quick. I figure sheltering her will just lower her immunity. I would also recommend wearing baby if you are worried about people touching.

June 19th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was once told if baby is ok to go home from the hospital, baby can go out. I just go to confined places or let others touch. Love stroller reides in the parks this time of year. Or take both of you to a local coffee shop to treat yourself.

June 19th, 2013, 06:06 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are like all the previous posters. We go out immediately. We go on daily walks around the neighborhood and to the local park. We go to the store and the older kids activities. It's just not fair to myself or the other kids to stay cooped up for too long.

June 19th, 2013, 06:11 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With DD I took her out 2 days after she was born. There is no way I would want to stay home. I think its a stupid old wives tale that you need to stay home and shouldn't go out. Pfft. I will be taking little guy out shortly after he is born also I'm sure.

June 20th, 2013, 08:57 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Like everyone else, I didn't stay cooped up for long. My baby got sick shortly after being born, but as soon as we got the go ahead from the pediatrician a few days later, we started going on walks and places that weren't too crowded.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search