All clear!

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Joanne Nicole
  • 1 Post By Joanne Nicole

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 19th, 2013, 01:44 PM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just had my second home visit from midwife...Finn's jaundice is clearing up nicely, he's 5 ounces over his birth weight at 8 days old, and feeding is going great. I feel really good. My bleeding has stopped, no more crampy after-pains, milk is flowing, I'm down 22 lbs, and despite the lack of sleep I'm happy and pretty energetic. I was expecting postpartum depression, since I had it so bad after Fiona's birth, but so far I've been doing really well.

Also - sorry if this is TMI but I'm excited - my midwife said we're good to DTD whenever I feel up to it....and I'm feeling up to it! DH is weirded out by pregnant sex, so it's been months. He hasn't said anything about it because he doesn't want to push me, but when I told him we were all clear to DTD his response was "Oh, thank goodness." haha... I think we're both pretty excited!

4hearts likes this.

June 19th, 2013, 01:50 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, that's awesome! I hope I feel as great as you after my babe is born!

Wooohoooo on the sex!

How is your daughter taking being a big sister? My daughter is 5 years old too, so I'm curious. Right now we have been doing lots of stuff together so I am worried that she will be bored.

June 19th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Honestly, my pregnancy was really tough, especially the last month or so. I was in constant pain. So maybe it's just that I'm so glad to be out of pain and discomfort that everything seems wonderful!

Fiona is...wary. That's probably the best way to describe it. She never got excited about the baby while I was pregnant - part of that is because she really wanted a sister, but I think even if we'd had a girl she'd still be a little unsure about the whole thing. She barely looked at him when she came to visit us in the hospital. She doesn't want to hold him or touch him. Every once in a while she'll look at him in his crib or ask me a question about him, but it's like she's trying to play it cool and not show too much interest. I'm not pushing her. She's not acting out negatively, so I'm sure she'll come around eventually. She's very much a Daddy's Girl, and he's off work right now taking care of her while I handle most of the baby stuff...so she's just thrilled to have so much play time with daddy.

All kids are different though. I had a little brother and a little sister by the time I was 5, and apparently I was a doting little mother hen who couldn't get enough baby-time. So you never really know how they're going to react.

June 19th, 2013, 02:48 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
That's great you've been cleared!
June 19th, 2013, 03:14 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Woot enjoy your sexy time!

June 19th, 2013, 06:11 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay for sex!!!! I personally can't wait (I know we were in the same boat for most of our pregnancies so I can imagine how excited you are!)

June 20th, 2013, 05:32 AM
Project sexy-time was a major success! I thought it would be uncomfortable and a little painful, but it wasn't at all. In fact, I wanted to do it again as soon as we were done, but DH fell asleep...lol.

It's funny, I breezed through my first pregnancy, but recovery was really tough on me and I had such a hard time emotionally afterwards. This time the pregnancy was killer, but since Finn came out everything has been amazing.
navywifey2003 likes this.

June 20th, 2013, 10:29 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Yay I'm glad you enjoyed it!!!

June 20th, 2013, 05:02 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Maddie sounds a lot like Fiona. She does not show that she is very excited. I have been worried how she will feel when she comes. She made a comment the other day that she wants to help pick out Eva's outfits to make sure she is not cuter than her So I am wondering how she will be... She also admitted to me that she was worried that she would be shy around her baby sister. I think in her mind the baby is another person (which she is- but she is a baby who doesn't understand) and Maddie sees it as she will be a person who will be a stranger to by shy around.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search