Big ticket items

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 20th, 2013, 10:33 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
What is your favorite big ticket item you bought? For our new moms anything a waste of money yet?

Last edited by navywifey2003; June 20th, 2013 at 10:49 AM.
June 20th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love my crib/changer combo - so useful to have the extra storage space right there on the side of the crib.

My boppy pillow is useless. It won't stay put and doesn't offer enough support.

Last edited by Joanne Nicole; June 21st, 2013 at 08:14 AM.
June 20th, 2013, 11:03 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think pretty much everything is a waste of money so far. She hates her crib and her swing. She sleeps for a little while in the newborn napper attachment on the Pack N Play. She also hates her play gym. So...I guess her car seat was worth it.

June 20th, 2013, 11:23 AM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaV View Post
I think pretty much everything is a waste of money so far. She hates her crib and her swing. She sleeps for a little while in the newborn napper attachment on the Pack N Play. She also hates her play gym. So...I guess her car seat was worth it.
Ditto to this. Gray isn't much of a swing or bouncer baby. He won't sleep anywhere but right next to someone.

I guess the best thing so far is the carrier, he likes to be worn. But seriously... everything feels like a waste of money this time around!

June 20th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie.June2013 View Post
Ditto to this. Gray isn't much of a swing or bouncer baby. He won't sleep anywhere but right next to someone.

I guess the best thing so far is the carrier, he likes to be worn. But seriously... everything feels like a waste of money this time around!
Oh yeah! Not that my Moby wrap was a "big ticket" item, but definitely worth every penny. I was skeptical at first, but once I figured out how to wrap it, it has helped a ton, especially while grocery shopping.

June 20th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I love my boppy (although I had it with our first and just got a new cover - on sale for $20 so not a large ticket item).

Great purchase - a really good camera for Father's Day for DH. It takes pictures super fast so that I can take like 50 in a minute - with Ellianna moving it gives me a chance to get at least one nice picture and I can delete the others.

A good breastpump (although insurance covered it - so not sure it is a large ticket item). I am returning to work right after the July 4 holiday. I will need to pump 3 or so times per day, so I need a good one.

June 20th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The only thing I really bought for Mirabelle is a new wrap, but it's a pricey one. I love it. It's pretty and I get good use out of it.
June 20th, 2013, 03:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My pump has been super useful.

I didn't buy this since I'm borrowing it from a cousin but if I had it would have been a big waste of money: the arm's reach co-sleeper. They never sleep in it and I currently have it next to the bed being used to keep items in that I need during the night or early morning. Such as my pump and extra pillows to support them when I nurse them together.
June 20th, 2013, 03:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The pack and play and the Moby are amazing!! Right now since he won't sleep more than once or twice in his crib, I feel like we wasted money on it, but I know once we get in a routine, he'll sleep better in it (When we had a 3 day span of not going back and forth from the old place to the new place, he slept all night in the crib).

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
June 20th, 2013, 06:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My twin nursing pillow My BrestFriend Twins Plus Nursing Pillow - Green : Target has been awesome! I can tandem nurse easily! Love this style nursing pillow over the boppy like I had with dd. love my rock n sleeper too. I didn't buy any other big ticket items really except the extra base for the carseats which I haven't used. Oh wait my movement monitors but the verdict is still out on those bc I haven't Used them yet

June 20th, 2013, 06:48 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so happy I shelled out the cash on the B-Ready stroller. I haven't used it as a double yet and have actually only used it around the neighborhood, so far, but even just for that, it has been great! We put Lena in the bassinet that snaps on and took a walk to get her some sun for her jaundice. It is so easy to push and maneuver, the handle tilts high enough that it is comfortable for DH, but I can also move it low enough that DD can help me push it. Lots of fun.

If I had bought the swing new for Lena, that would have been a huge waste of money bc she hates it. Glad it was something I left from DD (who loved it). I also hate the boppy. I had it for DD and have never liked it. I need something else...

June 20th, 2013, 07:10 PM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
My nursing pillow....WASTE of money.

Pack n play is prolly my favorite cuz It has a changing table attached to side of it and we keep that downstairs. So we have a place to change him upstairs and downstairs.

In also love the Moby wrap!
June 21st, 2013, 06:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMama View Post
I am so happy I shelled out the cash on the B-Ready stroller. I haven't used it as a double yet and have actually only used it around the neighborhood, so far, but even just for that, it has been great! We put Lena in the bassinet that snaps on and took a walk to get her some sun for her jaundice. It is so easy to push and maneuver, the handle tilts high enough that it is comfortable for DH, but I can also move it low enough that DD can help me push it. Lots of fun.

If I had bought the swing new for Lena, that would have been a huge waste of money bc she hates it. Glad it was something I left from DD (who loved it). I also hate the boppy. I had it for DD and have never liked it. I need something else...
We also have the b-ready and LOVE IT! Obviously we are always using it as a double and it is great. I really thought it would be heavy but it is so easy to push.
June 21st, 2013, 07:24 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Since little guy isnt here yet I haven't had a chance to see what isn't useful but I am pretty excited about all of our big ticket items. The breast pump I cannot wait to use. And I am in love with his car seat (we got the graco click connect 40 since it adjusts for height to keep kids RF'ing longer and I totally wish I had that with DD...she's such a long legged little thing..seriously has to wear 4T dresses at 2 and a half anything else is too short. Jean shopping is a nightmare for her!!! If it fits her inseam it likely won't fit her waist!)
I am also excited about our swing and our double jogging stroller.

June 21st, 2013, 08:04 AM
I hate the Boppy for nursing, but DD seems to be content propped up in it for awhile.

June 21st, 2013, 08:18 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by crawmommy View Post
My twin nursing pillow My BrestFriend Twins Plus Nursing Pillow - Green : Target has been awesome! I can tandem nurse easily! Love this style nursing pillow over the boppy like I had with dd. t
I had a My BrestFriend nursing pillow with DD and I loved it. I couldn't find one this time around, so I just got the Boppy since everyone seems to love it. I hate it.

June 21st, 2013, 11:48 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Love the My Brest Friend pillow! I had the boppy with Lily and hated it.

I didn't really get any big ticket items this time since we had everything, but I have a new love for my pack and play. We really only used it for travel with Abri. This time we set it up next to the bed with the bassinet insert for Henry. He spits up so much at night that I am glad to have him closer to me. He's so tiny right now that I am wary of bedsharing so the pack and play is the next best thing.
June 21st, 2013, 01:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm loving the dresser/changing table I use it all the time, I keep everything I would need for changing/feeding time. Boppy has been great too. My $250 rocking chair seems like a waste of money so far since I really haven't used it much lol but it looks fabulous in her room haha

June 21st, 2013, 04:55 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't had my baby yet but with my daughter I loved my boppy! I am hoping I will this time but most of you hate it so I am wondering if I should have tried the breast friend.

June 22nd, 2013, 01:43 AM
dmreed32's Avatar Veteran
I didn't actually pay for my items so it isn't a money issue so much as a space issue. My sister lent me a beautiful and HUGE. Changing table / cabinet. It is so awesome to have storage right there. The thing is stocked underneath with diapers. And the main drawer has everything I need for changing plus flannel blankets, socks, mitts, pacifiers... I love it!

My sister also lent me the matching, gorgeous crib. The Crib is kind of a waste right now. It is used to hold clean laundry til I put it away. And Camden sleeps in it IN HIS CARSEAT haha. I really have to get him to sleep in it. Maybe I will try one of those angled wedges for it....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search