SIDS Fears

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 20th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Anyone else having insane SIDS fears? I wake up in a panic most nights and literally startle the babies if I don't see them breathing right away. I get so upset with myself if I fall asleep with them next to me after nursing because I am terrified of rolling over on them or them burying themselves into me.

Is this panic normal or am I just crazy? I feel so much more terrified of losing them now then I felt when I was pregnant.
June 20th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Krisnina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel the same..I don't want to put him down....but don't want to sleep next to him either.

June 20th, 2013, 03:34 PM
laurenicole's Avatar Veteran
We ordered the Snuza Go off Amazon. it clips to the front of his diaper and alarms if there's no movement for 20 seconds. it has great reviews.
June 20th, 2013, 03:37 PM
Veteran
I have the exact same fears... HUGE anxiety with my daughter and it still is there even though she's 4 now.. I also feel the same about when my son comes.. I just know I will always be making sure he is ok and I am sure I'll have plenty of moments of panic.. I have anxiety in general whether or not it has to do with my kids but I think specifically my fears about SIDS stem from the fact that my brother had a son who died of SIDS before I got pregnant with my daughter. You're not alone! Hang in there xx
June 20th, 2013, 03:37 PM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had that with both of my kids and I am sure I will have it with this one too. It is totally normal, at least I think it is.
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
June 20th, 2013, 04:31 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
It's a normal fear, so you aren't alone. I still worry about my girls. I woke up in a panic last night just to check his breathing. I made DH put the pack and play next to our bed because I was worried about him being in another room
June 20th, 2013, 04:47 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think it is normal, I remember having the same fears when my daughter was a baby. Heck, she's 5 years old and I worry and check on her.

June 20th, 2013, 05:19 PM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
i still check on my almost three year old son
last night found him with all his blankets over his head (insists on taking all six of his receiving blankets to bed with him, hes had since he was born)
scares the heck out of me

June 20th, 2013, 05:41 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
Totally normal! I used to do that to Connor when he was a newborn/baby and still check to make sure he's breathing before I head to bed. It was so much easier to check on him when he was bed sharing with us! lol I'm sure I'll be startling this one just as much.

June 20th, 2013, 06:14 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Totally normal. I wasn't worried about DD sleeping next to me because I knew I wouldn't roll over on her or anything but I couldn't let her sleep in her own room til she was past the SIDS risk stage. I know I will do the same with little man when he comes.

June 21st, 2013, 09:55 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Completely normal, I check on all of my kids every night. Especially if my older ones go to bed without saying goodnight. Huge hugs hun!

June 22nd, 2013, 01:06 PM
First time mommy :)
My first almost week home from the hospital I had horrible anxiety over SIDS. I even had Axel sleeping in bed with me in a bassinet, literally 6 inches from me, and I could not sleep. Any time I'd close my eyes and he would so much as take a deep breath I would bolt upright and pick him up and make sure he was ok. I finally had to have my mom stay up and just watch him sleep for a few hours because I was on nearly 3 days of no sleep. But, after seeing our pediatrician and him reassuring me that what I was feeling was totally normal, and that Axel is perfectly healthy, I got up the courage to finally sleep while he slept. And he has been fine. He sleeps in his crib now in my room. Plus my husband is home now and having him with me gives me so much comfort that everything is ok. I still have the fear but it's getting much better as Axel gets older. He's 3 weeks now and doing fine.
June 22nd, 2013, 02:09 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I did for the first week or so. Now she doesn't sleep long enough for me to wake up and worry. For the first week or two I would wake up in a panic that she was smothered in my covers, which was silly because she doesn't even sleep with us.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search