Hardest Thing?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MarylandMama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 20th, 2013, 07:48 PM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If your parents, in laws, so or dh has gone back to work what has been the hardest thing to do with a new baby alone? I live with my in laws but they both work during the day and dh has been working day shift so the hardest for me has been finding time to eat and use the bathroom. I live on second floor and post partum bleeding is still pretty heavy so I try not to go up and down the stairs too often but also once i get trey to sleep he wakes the minute I put him down in the swing or pack n play

June 20th, 2013, 07:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Get anywhere on time. Since I am self employed I need to go into the office twice a week to get paperwork, etc. I plan on getting there by 10. Lucky if I make it by 2:00. With three kids (and one 12 days old), something is always happening that delays things.

June 20th, 2013, 07:56 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim3 View Post
Get anywhere on time. Since I am self employed I need to go into the office twice a week to get paperwork, etc. I plan on getting there by 10. Lucky if I make it by 2:00. With three kids (and one 12 days old), something is always happening that delays things.
This. Getting anywhere on time is so hard with even one kid, I think. Even with just DD, just when I would think we were going to get out early, she has to go potty or spills something all over her outfit or can't find her blankey. I expect this to get twice as bad with two. Lena has a dr's appt at 11:30 next week... I think I may have to shoot to leave the house at 10:30 to get there on time... and it is 10 mins from my house...
Kim3 likes this.

June 20th, 2013, 09:13 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Shower or go to the bathroom in peace. I stay home with all 3 kids right now. My oldest doesn't nap anymore but the younger two NEVER nap at the same time already. Makes showering difficult. When the two of them happen to nap simultaneously, Jaleigh always barges into the bathroom while I'm showering, letting in tons of cold air and asking me a bunch of questions that could have waited until I'm done.

Same thing goes for the bathroom. When DF is at home, he gets onto Jaleigh and Kiefer for barging in on me while I'm using the bathroom. When DF is gone during the day, they see that as an excuse to do whatever the heck they want in regards to the bathroom. Nothing like a 2 year old climbing all over you when you are trying to poop all while listening to the baby scream from the other room.

June 20th, 2013, 09:36 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Eat probably. Like today.. I didn't get a chance to eat a thing until almost 4 when I hurried and ate a banana in between Gray's crying spells.

June 21st, 2013, 01:59 AM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh what I would give to.have fruit. Each time there is fruit on this house, mil uses it all to make juices and/or smoothies so we never get any...I've been living off toast and turkey sandwiches for a week...

June 21st, 2013, 05:01 AM
D&K's_mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well ds had to be put put back in the hospital for his jaundice... he had Dr apts once he got out and dh had to go back to work so I was stuck taking all 4 kids with me to Dr alone... probably was one the hardest things..also getting time to go to the bathrm is hard.. I usually eat as I'm fixing kids there food .. dh wasn't much help this time anyway.. idk what his deal is lately...

June 21st, 2013, 08:30 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
SO went back to work the day after we came home from the hospital. The hardest thing has just been being the one caring for the baby most of the day and night. On average, he feeds her once a day and changes probably one or two diapers . It's not his fault - he works all different hours and a lot of the time it's something like 10am-6pm which is the bulk of the day. And I get up with the baby at night so he can sleep since he's working. Just in the last few days, Anna has been really fussy and not sleeping very well, so finding time to make even a quick meal is hard, let alone making dinner. Not only that, but I can't shower unless SO is home because of my incision - it has to be cleaned and packed immediately after a shower in case the dressing gets wet. So, not only do I have to wait until he is home and has time, but we also have to wait until Anna is sleeping soundly so that he can do the dressing change when I'm done without listening to a screaming baby.

Sorry, that turned into a bit of a rant.
June 21st, 2013, 09:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Getting a bath in or anything that involves me leaving dd unattended. I can't leave dd wake with the babies for even a minute bc I don't trust her...the other day I was picking up the kitchen after breakfast nd she was 'shaking' the rocker!!! I flipped out and made her cry which I felt bad but I had to stress the importance of no shaking.

June 21st, 2013, 12:40 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I am not looking forward to Monday. I'm sure the hardest thing will be a combination of issues from getting somewhere on time, getting a shower, and eating/feeding the girls. Today was their last day of daycare so I'll be alone with all three next week
June 21st, 2013, 02:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Staying sane. My mom is here until Monday, and even then my two older kids are driving me NUTS! 3 and 4 years old are hard ages...they want to test every boundary I set. And it's great that they love to play together, but it's so LOUD and rough and inevitably someone gets hurt. The baby is the easiest part of my day.
June 21st, 2013, 03:36 PM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
Dealing with my almost three year old son and a newborn
he wants to go play and i still have to finish cooking super and trying to feed the baby
so hard to multitask that when DH isn't home
i feel like I'm failing my son at times because I'm just putting on cartoons while I feed the baby and try to get her asleep or calmed down

June 21st, 2013, 03:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
care for my incision and take my medication

June 21st, 2013, 06:05 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am worried about keeping my 5 year old entertained when I have a new baby. She is used to my undivided attention and we just play and do whatever we want and that will change big time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search