Help!

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By crawmommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 23rd, 2013, 09:28 AM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
I can't do anything but breastfeed!!!! My baby seems constantly hungry and cries every time I sit her down. She is having lots of gas as well....I'm so exhausted with the constant feeding and not being able to do anything at all but hold and feed! What is wrong with her??? She very rarely seems content or satisfied. I can't tell if she's hungry or just colicky. We just went out and bought a mamroo to see if that would help...so far its not. She is having lots of poops and pees but is a super slow gainer. I am beginning to wonder if its a milk transfer issue or maybe what I am eating that's not sitting well. Who knows. Any ideas?

June 23rd, 2013, 09:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would try to only eat very bland foods for a few days to see if that helps then add other food items in slowly to see if that was the issue. My babies have been waiting to eat eat eat the past few days and have been fussier too so maybe she is just growing. I hope things get better soon.
overlinmommy17 likes this.

June 23rd, 2013, 11:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ellianna has her fussy days and then her good days (and sometimes her fussy 12 hours and good 6 hours. I really don't know why - so I am no help. Just know that it happens in our house as well.

June 23rd, 2013, 02:06 PM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Trey is the same way. So much I'm having to pump and just today got 3oz combined from both breasts after he ate for 30 min on each side as well

June 23rd, 2013, 04:12 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You may have to try eliminating some foods from your diet to see if that is causing the gas. Grayson gets gassy if I have any dairy or broccoli.

June 23rd, 2013, 05:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Are you switching breasts a lot or returning him to the same breast after burping? Sometimes when people do a breast switch after a burp they do so just after the baby drains one breast of foremilk. Then they go on the new breast and drink that foremilk. Which leaves their system fast and makes them hungry.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

June 23rd, 2013, 06:02 PM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
I think I need to get more hindmilk in her. You're right. Would that cause the slow weight gain too?

June 23rd, 2013, 06:17 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Yes it would cause a slow gain because foremilk is not as fatty as the hindmilk. Feeding her from one breast for a few feeds will help.

June 23rd, 2013, 09:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Alex's pediatrician (who has since retired *sigh*) said to follow a 20/10 minute rule. Meaning, 2/3 of your breastfeeding session should be on one breast and to offer the second breast only if they want a little bit more. As naveywifey says, you can also do block feeding where you only nurse from one breast only for a couple feedings and then switch. So, at 10am you feed from right, 12pm you feed from right. 2pm you feed from left, 4pm you feed from left, etc. There are all sorts of different methods.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

June 24th, 2013, 12:56 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are dealing with the same issue. The last couple of days I have been feeding from one side and pumping from the other. It is allowing DD to get more hindmilk and helping me build a milk stash. It's a win-win. I haven't really noticed much difference in her attitude, though. I think I just have a colicky, needy baby.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search