Cesection questions

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 23rd, 2013, 09:56 AM
bobbiejo1982's Avatar Super Mommy
Anyone else have a csection? Im over 2 1/2 weeks out. Bleeding is very minimal. I still get some insicion pain. I also get these pains in my legs, knees and ankles. Not sure if its from csection recovering puming or what. Also I wonder when its safe to take a bath, to have the incision submerged. My insicion looks good. Also are u are did you wait the full 6 weeks to have sex?? I would like to try sooner but unsure.
June 23rd, 2013, 10:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I was told not to get in any water until after bleeding had stopped and I came back for my 6 week appointment. I haven't really had much incision pain so I'm no help there. My ob didn't mention how long to wait for sex. The only thing she told me was not to get in water and not to lift anything over 25lbs.
June 23rd, 2013, 10:11 AM
Krisnina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was also told 6weeks before submersion of water, which sux because I would love a bath, or a swim same goes for sex. My csection was on the 5th and I still have incision pain and above the scar is totally numb. Sometimes I get shooting pains, and aches in my side. I go back to doctor tomorrow,but I assume all is normal.

June 23rd, 2013, 04:15 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was given the okay for a bath after my 2 week appointment and my steri-strips had fallen off. (I don't know if you had those put on or not). My incision is nice and healed on the outside though and no question about infection.

Sex I was told 6 weeks. I am not planning to try it any sooner because last time it was really painful even waiting 6 weeks.

June 23rd, 2013, 04:43 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am 2 weeks out on Tues. my OB said no sex or baths until 6 weeks. My incision is still tender but healed up. I also had the numbness above the incision and it is slowly going away. It was weird.

DH will not go against my OB on the 6 wk thing. :/
June 23rd, 2013, 05:03 PM
I had the strips yes and they all fell off the incision looks good. I am barley bleeding just spotting here and there. I would love a bath. I may call and ask. It will be 3 weeks out on this coming Wednesday. I have sat it the bath but not over the incisioon so there was like literally 4 or 5 inches or water in tub LOL
June 23rd, 2013, 08:24 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I've had the strips with Madison and staples with hailey. I had to wait 6 weeks for sex. My incision had times even months later where it would hurt but nothing major.

June 23rd, 2013, 08:59 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I am 7 weeks out now. My stomach is still numb and I still occassionally have pain but it's looking really good. I was told at my 2wk check up I could take baths and I could take the steri strips off. I had stitches instead of staples so I don't know if that makes a difference. We waited 6wks too. It's actually to prevent uterine infections and everyone is supposed to wait that long. We always waited but I still got an infection with one of my kids and ended up back in the hospital for a week. I tried not to do any lifting but with a toddler, I was lifting her as soon as I could drive.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
June 24th, 2013, 08:16 PM
I had a csection four weeks ago. Chafing was my main issue, but other than that I feel fine. My house has a lot of stairs thus no way to avoid those because that was the only way to use the bathroom. Healing has gone fairly well. Incision looks good. I was told to wait 6 weeks for baths. sex, vacuming, and not to lift anything heavier than the baby. I did move a light bookshelf with my niece yesterday (felt the pain in my abs). I am in no hurry to have sex. Bobbiejo I have also been getting weird pains in my leg. I was wondering if it is because I spend most of my time sitting now that I have a baby to hold and pump.
June 24th, 2013, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltemp45 View Post
I had a csection four weeks ago. Chafing was my main issue, but other than that I feel fine. My house has a lot of stairs thus no way to avoid those because that was the only way to use the bathroom. Healing has gone fairly well. Incision looks good. I was told to wait 6 weeks for baths. sex, vacuming, and not to lift anything heavier than the baby. I did move a light bookshelf with my niece yesterday (felt the pain in my abs). I am in no hurry to have sex. Bobbiejo I have also been getting weird pains in my leg. I was wondering if it is because I spend most of my time sitting now that I have a baby to hold and pump.
I asked the nurse about the leg pain and they didn't know or have any idea. Maybe it is what you said, so much sitting

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search