PP depression

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 23rd, 2013, 10:53 AM
bobbiejo1982's Avatar Super Mommy
Im not sure if I am dealing with this or if its just normal blues and adjusting. I am awfully crabby and tired most of the time. I try napping when baby does but it doesn't always work. Its just been a long 2 1/2 weeks. Not that we are home and settled in I have caught up on things. I just feel off. I get very easily hurt even when SO is just joking with me. Me and So have been fighting a lot like every day, its bad. Today we have just refrained from talking to each other so we wouldn't agrue. It like sometimes I just get so sick of him. I love being a mom and love my Jackson and my SO. I just don't know if I am going through something or if this is normal. Also still not fully recovered from csection and feeling down about my weight and body image. Everyday I usually keep pretty bust but today I don't want to do a thing.
June 23rd, 2013, 11:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I wish I could tell you if it is normal or ppd. I imagine it is a lot harder to have had a c-section. With a vaginal delivery, each one of my three got easier. I know when I cannot get out of the house I am very depressed. I am a person who needs to get out each day. Have you been able to atleast go to the park with your ds for a stroller walk? You may be experiencing something totally different. For me though I just really need to get some outdoor sun time each day and be around people (even if just seeking the public out and about at a park).

June 23rd, 2013, 12:15 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I noticed I was a lot more irritated with DH after the birth of our DD as I noticed there were a ton of things he did that once we had kids I realized I couldn't stand. Part of it seemed to be my hormone levels dropping off. Another part was that I expected him to change on certain aspects once we had kids together. I was trying to force him to change. Now most of those things he still does and I still hate them and when he does them it still causes argument but I did have to get to a point where I had to realize I could change once we had kids but only he could change himself. My attitude did get better once my hormone levels dropped off and I have noticed that once again I don't just get upset by his old behavior but I get livid to the point of wanting to smack him. So I am certain a lot is hormones. Best I can say is sit him down and calmly talk to him and explain what's upsetting and bothering you that he's doing...try not to point fingers just stay calm and matter of fact and let him know your hormones are still crazy and let him know that some of his behavior is making you feel like you have PPD. Also discuss your feelings with your doc at your checkup.

June 23rd, 2013, 01:03 PM
bobbiejo1982's Avatar Super Mommy
Thanks ladies good points..No I haven't taken the little guyout yet. Im so nervous...being that he is premie and can get sick easliy I shluld really do tnat soon, Your right I have left the house 1 day out of the past 8 and the 11 days before that I was cooped up in hospital. Also you are right on about my SO, somethings Im just going to have to get use to....even if they are upsetting I have told him some of the things that bother me. Hopefully we can work thru it all!
June 23rd, 2013, 01:21 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Wear him if you can, that way he would be less likely to be touched. Luckily it's summer so he is less likely to get sick. Even if you just go for a walk around the neighborhood you need to get out. Hang in there Hun and if you feel it's ppd there is no harm at mentioning it to your doctor.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search