tears...

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By navywifey2003
  • 2 Post By zkat
  • 2 Post By navywifey2003

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 23rd, 2013, 05:07 PM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
I am struggling with baby blues soooo bad:-( I can cry at the thought of crying. I feel like everything is so different. The breastfeeding struggle is not helping things and I am generally sad. I so hope this goes away soon. It feels so lonely. I know what it is but I can't helo these feelings. Ugh. Anyone feeling the same or have any advice?

June 23rd, 2013, 05:15 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Get out of the house honestly. Do something that is not your norm. Go for a walk alone! Even if its just around the corner for 5 minutes take those 5 minutes a breathe! You need a few moments to yourself where you are not just her mom, you need those minutes to just be you Hang in there hun you are doing amazing!

June 23rd, 2013, 05:23 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree. Take a shower. Get dressed and get out into a little sunshine.
June 23rd, 2013, 05:35 PM
Yes shower! Seriously, a shower for 20 minutes and my hair washed and getting dressed everyday has made things so much easier for me.

June 23rd, 2013, 07:34 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Definitely try to get out of the house, if you can. Even if it's to the grocery store or out for a quick lunch somewhere or visiting family (who maybe would hold the baby for a few mins while you breathe). Being out and around people is really the best thing you can do. You will feel like a part of the world and not a milk factory stuck inside your house.

June 23rd, 2013, 08:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes, get out of the house. Even if you have the baby strapped to you, just leave the house and go for a walk. If someone is at home with you, hand them the baby with strict instructions to not bother you for 20-30 minutes and do only stuff that will make you happy. So, take a shower, read a book, go outside and look at clouds....whatever. The baby will be FINE for that amount of time. Even if she is screaming her head off she will be fine (as long as she is being supervised by someone). But I would recommend going where you can't hear her.

I had DH take Alex out for a walk most days so that I could just lay in bed and read. Rowan so far seems to have longer stretches between feedings naturally so I actually am not as stressed out as I was with Alex. Alex wanted to eat every 1.5 hours on the dot. Day and night. Rowan typically goes 2 hours during the day and 3 during the night. It may not seem like much but it's a huge difference, lol.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

June 24th, 2013, 01:42 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Showering and putting on makeup (even just basic stuff that takes less than 5 minutes) helps me feel a little more normal. I also agree that getting out of the house can make a big difference.
June 24th, 2013, 01:59 PM
How are you today Hun?

June 24th, 2013, 04:44 PM
Hi I have been lurking for most of my pregnancy. I just had my third boy on June 13th. It was my 3rd c section. When I read your post I could totally relate. I thought I was the only one who was crying all the time. I cry setting the dinner table! I have felt so sad and it hasn't helped that the baby came down with jaundice and I had issues with breast feeding. My DH has been fantastic but there is only so much he can do. He doesn't nderstand why I keep crying. It has gotten better. Today was ok. I agree getting outside does seem to help. A shower is a great help too. Hopefully it will get beetter for us soon.

Spring
June 24th, 2013, 07:05 PM
Get out of the house! The first two weeks after my son was born were the hardest for me (this is my first). I had a c section so when I couldn't drive I would have another family member take me places plus I am still not comfortable driving my son since he has trouble holding his head up even with the infant headrest. Even If am only gone for 10 min it improves my mood a lot. When I did feel like crying I would allow myself to cry versus feeling bad about it.
I make time to take a shower every day even if it is a quick one I try to take it when my husband is home or when my son falls asleep in the am. I don't always put on makeup, but the shower makes me feel better. I also reach out to friends. I was the type of friend that thought it would be a nuisance to contact any of my friends when they were on maternity leave, now I realize that contact is so helpful. Don't wait for your friends to call/text - contact them. Interaction with other adults even if only through text can be nice.
If you are crying constantly or feel like you are headed towards post partum depression contact your doctor right away.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search