Henry- 2, Mommy-0

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By QueenCrafty

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 26th, 2013, 08:55 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I suck at diapering a boy! I am not used to it at all. The other day I changed his diaper, got him all dressed, and put him in his crib so I could wash my hands. I come back to get him and he has peed himself in the middle of his back! Huh? Nothing else was wet- just the back. What is up with that? Then last night I change him and get his pjs on. As soon as I start nursing, I feel something warm on my belly. His diaper was dry but he peed out the top of his diaper. I could have sworn I tucked everything in and down but clearly not well enough. DH just laughed at me.
edgeofelise and Steph625 like this.
June 26th, 2013, 08:57 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Is his penis pointing down?

June 26th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Learning the other sex I am the opposite - used to boys. I never knew how high a girl could pee.

June 26th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm in the same boat! Usually it's the middle of the night sleepy diaper changes when I forget to point his penis down, and end up with pee all over myself and his swaddler and the bedding.

Other than forgetting to do that occasionally, I find boy diaper changes way easier than girl diaper changes...It's so easy to clean up poop from all the nooks and crannies when you don't have to worry about wiping front to back and all that.

June 26th, 2013, 09:37 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
lol oh I remember those days with my first. And, not going to lie, even now with my third boy I sometimes have to remind myself to 'point him down'.
June 26th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Apparently I am not doing so well with the pointing down part. I am just so used to the girl parts that don't move or pee in odd places
June 26th, 2013, 10:56 AM
laurenicole's Avatar Veteran
Tristan has got it in his face twice. once in the hospital. boys are definitely different.
June 26th, 2013, 11:47 AM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
Emerson has peed more during her diaper changes than my son ever did
She is terrible!
So different than a boy. He was easy to clean, its all out there and in the open =)

June 26th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Lol! I never knew boys had so many crevices! The places Cameron hoards poop is shocking...the wenis still freaks me out lol! Girl parts are way easier

June 26th, 2013, 02:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Girl parts are freaky!! So many folds and places to clean and wipe. Boys you just push it all around and ta da you are done. Plus its so....pink...I thought she might of had a rash. I actually asked her doctor to show me how to change her to make sure I was doing it right. I was afraid I was being too invasive, but I wasn't.

June 26th, 2013, 02:38 PM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
Point hee penis down...good advice. I haven't had an accident yet other than him peeing on the window during a diaper change. With all girls at home, boys are oh so new to me!
June 26th, 2013, 02:58 PM
I remember having to teach DH how to change a girl diaper. He didn't understand the concept of wiping front to back
June 26th, 2013, 08:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Didn't know to point his penis down, that's good to remember. We haven't had an accident, but OMG does this child like to pee during diaper changes. We've started covering him with a washcloth, so that if he does pee it goes in that, and not all over the place. I feel like such a noob every time it happens though. You would think after a month we would have a hang of this...

Thank you Vicki.. for the beautiful siggy
June 27th, 2013, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlechicksteph View Post
Didn't know to point his penis down, that's good to remember. We haven't had an accident, but OMG does this child like to pee during diaper changes. We've started covering him with a washcloth, so that if he does pee it goes in that, and not all over the place. I feel like such a noob every time it happens though. You would think after a month we would have a hang of this...
Glad I am not the only one struggling with changing a boy's diaper. My son also pees up his back etc. I have started to hate onesies because getting these over his head when I have to change him throughout the day is annoying. The other day I put a onesie that was a little too big on because that one didn't need to be pulled over his head.
The middle of the night changes are the worst.
June 27th, 2013, 07:02 PM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltemp45 View Post
I have started to hate onesies because getting these over his head when I have to change him throughout the day is annoying. The other day I put a onesie that was a little too big on because that one didn't need to be pulled over his head.
The middle of the night changes are the worst.
Honestly...unless we're going out, we don't bother with clothes...haha. Our boy lives in diapers and his little swaddle-me blanket thingy. It's too warm here right now to really be bothered with clothes, and then I don't have to worry about getting a soaking wet or poopy onesie over his head if he has a diaper blowout.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search