You're going to think I'm crazy...

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Joanne Nicole
  • 1 Post By hilachu

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 27th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
But I'm kind of worried that something might be wrong because Finnegan is just too easy of a baby. Maybe it's just that his big sister was SO much more difficult...but it seems like I'm getting off too easy here.

I usually put Finn to bed between 9-10. Normally he'll wake up around 2, and then again around 6 to eat...I thought that was pretty awesome. I've gotten so much more sleep than I ever did with Fiona - she was super colicky, and we had a hard time with breastfeeding, and she never slept for more than an hour or two at a time, and screamed inconsolably for hours and hours and hours. Last night I bathed him, fed him, and put him to bed around 9:30 like usual...and then I woke up to sunlight coming through my window at 5:30 this morning and realized I'd slept through the whole night and he never woke up. I promptly freaked out, and ran into the nursery, thinking for sure there was something wrong. Nope. Sleeping peacefully. He had a wet diaper, so I changed it, and he woke up half way through and just kind of looked at me like, "Oh hey mom...what's up?" Then he was bright and alert and I fed him and he chowed down for almost an hour, had a big poop and fell back to sleep. About an hour later he was wide awake again, but not fussy, just looking around, checking out the world. I skyped with my mom for an hour and held him in my arms and he was just happy and awake, not a care in the world. Fed him mid-morning and he's been asleep for the last two hours.

Am I just so used to having a difficult child that a normal baby seems TOO easy? He's eating a ton, has the right number of wet and poopy diapers, his poop looks totally normal, breastfeeding is easy, he sleeps like crazy, and when he's not sleeping he's happy and alert. He hardly cries or fusses.
Is this normal? Seriously, if all babies were this easy I'd have tons more.
rcjh12 and Gen88 like this.

June 27th, 2013, 11:03 AM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is how Henry is too, and I'm totally basking in it. My DD was also really high needs, though I wouldn't say colicky...she was just a lot more difficult. I was also a lot more frazzled being a FTM so maybe the experience is just making it seem easier this time around. All Henry wants to do is eat and sleep, and when he's awake he's just silent and wide-eyed. He almost never fusses. He sleeps with me at night and I let him nurse pretty much all night long so I don't know how long he would go between feelings if I put him down; I'm honestly just enjoying the snuggles too much. With DD I felt really overwhelmed and just wanted to put her down whenever I could so I could do some things for myself. This time I have more help and I'm more than content just nursing and staring at him and letting DH run the show.

I certainly don't think there's anything wrong. Just consider yourself more relaxed because this isn't your first time at the rodeo, and lucky because you have a laid-back babe!

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

June 27th, 2013, 11:10 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Anna was like that. She was a dream baby. Lena is a totally different story... Super difficult and high maintenance. I wish I had the harder one first and the easy one second. The hard one plus a two year old running around is really tough. Enjoy it!

June 27th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Totally normal, my son was like that too. Super easy baby. By one month he was sleeping 6 hours straight and by 2 month he was sleeping from 8pm till 7am the next morning. Babygirl on the other hand is very easy too but her sleeping patterns at night aren't as good as DS. she does sleep for about 3 hours and wakes up to nurse and goes back to sleep. I'm praying she sleeps thru the night by 2 months like DS did, other than that she's super chill and either sleeps or is just chilling looking around when awake.

June 27th, 2013, 11:42 AM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel the same way. I haven't wanted to talk about it for fear of jinxing it! Other than a 24 hour non stop nursing session yesterday (2week growth spurt) I feel like it is much easier this go around.
June 27th, 2013, 12:21 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Same here! Kiefer was the most difficult and sickly baby. At 2 1/2 he still doesn't always sleep through the night! McKinley is so chilled out and easy to please. Such a relief because I was terrified of having another like Kiefer

June 27th, 2013, 12:37 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
My oldest was like that. Super easy, always happy, slept great. Abri was high maintenance with reflux and never slept during the day. She cried all the time. I could never put her down and she had to sleep touching me, but even then she woke up every 90 minutes to nurse until she was 14 months. Henry is kind of in between. He really doesn't cry unless he's hungry or needs to burp, but he does wake up more often at night. It is so much better than Abri so I'll take it
June 27th, 2013, 02:23 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Payson is pretty laid back as well and so was Everett. David and Katelynn were so difficult.

June 27th, 2013, 02:45 PM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
jealous of all these easy babies!
emerson is so fussy while awake
very stressful =(
TeresaV likes this.

June 28th, 2013, 12:39 AM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm also very jealous...maddie is so hard

June 28th, 2013, 08:11 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Add me to the jealous crowd. I have my hands full here.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search