Moms who BF AND pump

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 27th, 2013, 11:51 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was wondering how much milk you are able to stash away on top of nursing. I am getting about 10 oz a day on average that I can store, but I feel like I was able to store a lot more than that on top of what Anna drank when I was EPing with her. Right now, Lena gets pretty much all of her milk nursing. We only give an oz or so in a bottle if she seems to be stuck in a weird pattern of wanting to eat constantly. We top her off to give me a break and she usually sleeps for a while after that. We only do that maybe once a day, so pretty much all of what I pump is stored for when we can leave her with my mom for a couple of hours or for when I go back to work.

Just wondering what everyone else is getting. I wish I could store an extra 5 oz or so a day. What are you all getting?

June 27th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I was never able to pump so much with Alex. It took me a week to pump 18 oz. That's 6 oz every 3 hours for the one day he was in daycare. When DH watched him during the rest of the week we used formula.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

June 27th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm inconsistant on my pumping and I use a manual pump, but when I do pump, I get an ounce. That's it. An ounce. And that's from the side he doesn't eat on. Because of that, I only pump enough for a bottle for when I want DH to do a feeding. I haven't stored any away, at all.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
June 27th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can usually get at least 2 oz, usually 3 or 4, from each side, even after feeding him. But I don't pump every day.

#1, 4, 5, 7
June 27th, 2013, 03:13 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2LillieAidan View Post
I can usually get at least 2 oz, usually 3 or 4, from each side, even after feeding him. But I don't pump every day.
I am so jealous. What pump do you use?

June 27th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Krisnina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
im pumping after feedings when they arent marathon feedings. I am only getting like 20ml tops. if I collect.all day, then I have enogh for.a bottle...thats it.

June 27th, 2013, 03:40 PM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMama View Post
I am so jealous. What pump do you use?
Believe it or not, I use a medela single manual pump.. I love it

#1, 4, 5, 7
June 27th, 2013, 05:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I get an extra 2-3 ounces per day. This morning I pumped 6 ounces and she took 3 of it in a bottle. I need about 24 ounces stored for when i return to work in 10 days.

June 27th, 2013, 06:46 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't been pumping much, but I've been trying to pump at least once a day. If she hasn't eaten recently I can get 3 or 4 ounces on each side, otherwise it's closer to 3 or 4 ounces total. I only have about 10 ounces in the freezer now. We just started doing a bottle a day or so just to get her used to a bottle for when I go back to work. It took her 2 days to actually take it.

June 27th, 2013, 08:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm not pumping after every feeding like I was told to do to h elp prevent clogged ducts but when i do I get 2.5-4.5oz usually after a feeding. But they have been eating so much that I just don't have the energy each feeding but I try to pump itleaet one time per day on top of normal feedings. I will introduce bottles next week a bit

June 28th, 2013, 03:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think I am over producing and pumping probably doesn't help. I only pump after shes had her fill and looks "milk drunk" if I am still feeling engorged and uncomfortable.

I can get about 4oz, even after shes fed to fullness. I've just been freezing it as I get it. I needed to go to the ER yesterday evening (about the allergic reaction I had to Always Pads) and left Lilah with my mom and she was able to use some of it then.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search