so frustrated

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 28th, 2013, 10:19 AM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
I am at my wits end
Baby Emerson is so much more difficult than my son
She cries all the time, the only time she doesn't is while sleeping and eating
Every waking moment she wants to eat (at least seems like it, we are ff)
She spits up occasionally but not a ridiculous amount
Once she's done eating shes not happy anywhere, not even my arms
She just keeps rooting around for more food, takes the pacifier for maybe five minutes if that
I just want to cry (and do)
I feel so bad for my two year old because I feel like I can't do anything with him because she is constantly crying

June 28th, 2013, 10:24 AM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hang in there! My 1st was a lot like this and it does get better.

Could the formula not agree with her? Or maybe reflux?
June 28th, 2013, 11:13 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Do you have a carrier?

June 28th, 2013, 11:38 AM
im thinking maybe refluxm
im waiting for her dr to call me back
no carrier but for the most part i cant even calm her down

June 28th, 2013, 11:50 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am in the same boat. As a matter of fact, we just went to the doctor yesterday morning, as I was suspecting reflux. It is worse than colic because it is ALL DAY LONG. I can rarely console her without her crying, much less anyone else so I can get a break. The doctor told me I really need to start spacing out her feedings, because if it is reflux, the constant full tummy is just making it worse. Yeah, try telling that to a one month old cranky baby who's only comfort is sucking on mom's boob all day long. It is so heartbreaking to hear her cry. So yes, I am totally empathetic to your situation. I am almost looking forward to going back to work.

June 28th, 2013, 12:03 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaV View Post
I am in the same boat. As a matter of fact, we just went to the doctor yesterday morning, as I was suspecting reflux. It is worse than colic because it is ALL DAY LONG. I can rarely console her without her crying, much less anyone else so I can get a break. The doctor told me I really need to start spacing out her feedings, because if it is reflux, the constant full tummy is just making it worse. Yeah, try telling that to a one month old cranky baby who's only comfort is sucking on mom's boob all day long. It is so heartbreaking to hear her cry. So yes, I am totally empathetic to your situation. I am almost looking forward to going back to work.
Breastmilk is soothing on their throat if there is reflux. I am kind of surprised by your pedi's suggestion to space out feedings. That could result in crying out of hunger in addition to screaming from the reflux when you do feed her. With constant screaming, I'd ask for medication to help. Zantac is usually prescribed first, but Prevacid was what made a difference for Abri as an infant. Hang in there!! There is light at the end of the tunnel. Most reflux improves around 4-6 months
June 28th, 2013, 12:52 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Same boat here. Anna was a dream baby and Lena is so difficult. She wants to be on my boob all the time and is rarely content unless I am holding her/nursing her. I suspected reflux due to a lot of spitting up and the crankiness. The dr put her on zantac to see if it makes a difference. If not, we'll discontinue at her 1 mo appt. I hope things get better for you soon! (And me, too! Lena is sleeping on my chest as I type. I had put her down, but she woke up and wouldn't go back to sleep until she was on me...)

June 28th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Well talked to the doctor he wants me to try some cereal in her bottle first before putting medicine in her
i'm hoping it will make her feel full and keep stuff down
we also have issues with putting her down to sleep after she falls asleep on me, though only during the day
at night (and i hope im not jinxing it by typing it out!) she's fine. she wakes up, we changes her, feed her and put her back down to sleep and we're good to go for another 3/4 hours its during the daylight hours thats a nightmare

June 28th, 2013, 01:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Just wanted to send hugs. My first was like that.

June 28th, 2013, 02:32 PM
princess136's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMama View Post
Same boat here. Anna was a dream baby and Lena is so difficult. She wants to be on my boob all the time and is rarely content unless I am holding her/nursing her. I suspected reflux due to a lot of spitting up and the crankiness. The dr put her on zantac to see if it makes a difference. If not, we'll discontinue at her 1 mo appt. I hope things get better for you soon! (And me, too! Lena is sleeping on my chest as I type. I had put her down, but she woke up and wouldn't go back to sleep until she was on me...)
My little one is doing the same thing in terms of always wanting to sleep on my chest. she will sleep for hours on there, but as soon as I put her down to try and nap myself she is awake and cranky. I love the bonding time, but man I need a nap during the day to recover from the nights!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilachu View Post
Well talked to the doctor he wants me to try some cereal in her bottle first before putting medicine in her
i'm hoping it will make her feel full and keep stuff down
we also have issues with putting her down to sleep after she falls asleep on me, though only during the day
at night (and i hope im not jinxing it by typing it out!) she's fine. she wakes up, we changes her, feed her and put her back down to sleep and we're good to go for another 3/4 hours its during the daylight hours thats a nightmare
I put my first on cereal at 3 weeks because the fomula just wasn't enough. It made a world of difference in her feedings and she slept through the night at 6 weeks, just in time for me to go back to work.

~Kristin~
June 28th, 2013, 07:14 PM
well cereal has been bought and administered
right now shes out like a light!
I would love for her to sleep through the night at six weeks, since I do have to go back to work at that time
I'm just really hoping for less amounts of crying during the day
Constantly upset baby does make for a frazzled momma

June 28th, 2013, 07:45 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am very surprised by the cereal rec from Pedi. If it Works, yay! If you find that it makes her more gasy, ask for. Reflux med. not all dsystems can handle cereal at this point.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search