Describe baby's first field trip..

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 1st, 2013, 09:05 PM
Rochelle
What was your first baby outing like?

How old was baby?

How often have you been out with him or her since then?
July 1st, 2013, 09:38 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Our first outing was actually today. Henry had his 10 day visit with our midwives. He's 9lbs 2oz--4oz over his birth weight--already! Go boobs!

We're having a major heat wave and our apartment is on the top floor and west-facing, so it's been getting into the upper 90s in here (nobody in Seattle has air conditioning because this only happens a few days a year.) Anyway, after the appointment we decided to go to a mall to escape the heat. We let DD go nuts in the play area and then had dinner. It went pretty smoothly but Henry was a little overwhelmed and I'm still not quite on my feet yet so I was super tired. Still, it was so much less stressful than when DD was a newborn! I'm loving this whole second-time-mom thing!

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

July 2nd, 2013, 06:16 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I guess his first outing was at 5 days old to go to the pediatrician. We just went to do his weight check, and then we stopped by DH's bank branch to show him off to a few of his employees.

Henry's been out a few other times. DH actually took all three kids by himself to run errands on Sunday. I was kind of impressed.
July 2nd, 2013, 07:18 AM
princess136's Avatar Super Mommy
Our first outing (other than the pediatrician visit at 3 days old) was on Saturday. We went to a friend's house to see their new home. She was great and slept the whole time except for one feeding. She loves the car seat and rides great in the car.

She was 10 days old.

~Kristin~
July 2nd, 2013, 07:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Arthur's first outing was to MY one week post-partum appointment. He was 1 week old, and he was fine, he slept in the moby the whole time.

We had been taking him out every day. EVERY. DAY. because of the move. And next week we're taking him on vacation

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
July 2nd, 2013, 07:47 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
First outing was at 3 days old to the pediatrician for a weight check. It went great because DF kept the older kids at home so it was just me and Mac.

Now the first outing with just me and all 3 kids...that was a disaster lol. Luckily, we made huge improvements since then.

July 2nd, 2013, 09:35 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lena's first outing was the day after we came home from the hospital, so 2 days old. We went over to see my parents. My dad had just been released from the hospital the day she was born and was not up to coming to our house, so we went over there. They only live 15 mins away. She has been out almost every day b/c I get stir crazy. She has also had 3 dr's appts, a couple of trips to the hospital lab, we've gone to church, my parents, house other times, on a picnic, and shopping a few times. We like to stay busy. She doesn't seem to mind being on the go, as long as she is fed, has a dry diaper, and be held on demand.

July 2nd, 2013, 10:14 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
Zack's would be to the drug store to get my meds on the way home from the hospital when we were released. He was 3 days old.

July 2nd, 2013, 10:59 AM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
We took Emerson out to her one week checkup (though she was only 6 days old)
after that it was to Target a couple days later
shes been out a bunch of times now, i just have issues getting her in and out before having to feed her (no fun feeding with a bottle at target while trying to wheel a cart around, and than burping her)

July 2nd, 2013, 12:12 PM
Rochelle
I'll admit, I got the idea for this post bc of our first outing yesterday. E had her first c/u at 6 days old and we had other errands to run as well. We had 2 banks, Superlube, Wal-mart and to pick up DH's car from the shop. So, that's a lot for the first time out.

She slept through the banks. I tried to nurse her during the oil change and she wouldn't wake up to do it. But I did nurse her while waiting for her Dr. 30 mins later.

Then we went out to eat at a Gyro place. She slept the whole time. Woot. Then comes Walmart.

Walmart was interesting. We had a pretty big list and a new carseat was one of them. DH wanted to wear E so we put her in a backpack carrier which didn't work out. So, when we got to our first stop (the carseats) I held her and she was eating her fist so right there in the aisle I popped out that boob and gave it to her and had a blanket barely covering things. I had my back to people and no one was on our aisle but ppl were walking by. I just felt it was comical bc there was a time I would have been very embarrassed to do that. I continued to do that all over the store just standing there nursing her. I haven't taken my new pump out of the box yet but I will soon.

Anyways, our first outing went pretty good.

Thanks for sharing your stories.
July 2nd, 2013, 01:10 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Um I don't remember her first but I did take all four kids to the zoo Kyles first week back to work. We did great and it was a lot of fun.

July 2nd, 2013, 01:28 PM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
His first outing was 3 days old to pediatrician's office. He was a gem! But he has been to church, grocery store, pool and out to dinner. He is a good baby...if he has a clean butt and full belly.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search