"I know hunny, I'm tired too."

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 4 Post By MamaSkunk
  • 3 Post By QueenCrafty
  • 1 Post By MarylandMama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 3rd, 2013, 06:06 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No. No you're not.

Ok, let me just say that DH really has been wonderful with all the help he's given me, and that normally Finn is an excellent sleeper so I haven't really been missing very much sleep. But he seems to be going through a bit of a fussy phase, and hasn't slept well the last few nights. And then DH informed me that since he was going back to work on Tuesday he wouldn't be getting up to help during the nights anymore because he needed his sleep...you know, for his difficult job in IT of sitting in front of a computer all day. That definitely requires more sleep than being a stay at home mom of 2. The two nights of fussy sleeplessness has coincided with the first two nights of DH not helping out anymore, and that makes for a tired, frazzled mommy.

So this morning at 6 am, after I had fed and rocked and bounced and burped for most of the night, DH asked me a question that I've answered at least 5 times already. I snapped at him, and then apologized and said I was just really, really tired. Then he says... "I know hunny, I'm tired too. I couldn't sleep last night with all Finn's crying."

I wanted to throw something at him. I think he was trying to be sympathetic, but he just pissed me off.

And now my fussy little monster is squalling again after less than 30 minutes of peace, so I have to go take care of him. Just wanted to vent. I'm sure lots of you can commiserate.

July 3rd, 2013, 06:55 AM
D&K's_mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can relate! Ds has had his nights and days mixed up since day one so usually I am up all night with him while dh is snug in the bed snoring away. If I bring up I'm tired he just acts like its nothing! I just wanna scream at him and say you frigging do it! And netime gets fussy when dh is even holdinghim hes ready to give him back because he doesn't have "boob" oh whatever!!! This is # 4 for us and its been different with each one.. but this time he just doesnt seem interested! I'm the one going days without sleep and hes the one acting grumpy and mean toward all of us..

July 3rd, 2013, 07:00 AM
Oh my god, the "I don't have a boob" excuse. That's the other one he uses all the time. Anytime Finn isn't perfectly happy in his arms, he hands him off to me because if the baby is fussy it MUST be because he's hungry. He doesn't try to switch positions or walk around and bounce him or anything. Just hands him to "the one with the boob".

July 3rd, 2013, 07:14 AM
D&K's_mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think most men are ok with us breastfeeeding because then they don't have as much responsibility!

July 3rd, 2013, 07:24 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My big issue is Aidan likes to wake up at 2 or 2:30, then 5:30 or 6 so I just decide to start the day then. I get up and change and feed him and I'm half falling asleep on the couch and then Alan gets up several hours later and ends up laying on the couch and sleeping for another hour or two. And heaven forbid I mention being tired.. He gets an attitude and asks if I want to go take a nap.. Ugh yes I want to take a nap but not if you're going to be an ***** about it...

#1, 4, 5, 7
July 3rd, 2013, 07:37 AM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2LillieAidan View Post
My big issue is Aidan likes to wake up at 2 or 2:30, then 5:30 or 6 so I just decide to start the day then. I get up and change and feed him and I'm half falling asleep on the couch and then Alan gets up several hours later and ends up laying on the couch and sleeping for another hour or two. And heaven forbid I mention being tired.. He gets an attitude and asks if I want to go take a nap.. Ugh yes I want to take a nap but not if you're going to be an ***** about it...
I don't care if DH is an *** about taking a nap, I do it. I learned not to punish myself because he is being childish.
July 3rd, 2013, 07:51 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow!! I would so throw something at your DH also!! My DH is currently working a construction job where he does ALOT of manual labor(he lost 4 pounds in one day it was so physical) and if our DS is super cranky at night he asks me if I need help even though I do the feedings he will rock/bounce/change diapers/walk the floors and he will especially do it if he senses I am getting frustrated. He did the same with DD and was working as a truck driver at the time.
I think ALOT of men use work as an excuse not to help with babies at night. Granted they don't need to do it every night but on the real bad nights they dang well should help!! After all....it took two to make the baby and daddys sometimes can soothe a fussy baby just as well as us. With both DD and DS they both sometimes just wanted/want Daddy and the moment I hand over then instantly all was well lol. DD loved DHs chest as a baby she would just pass out listening to daddys heartbeat. With DS he loves his daddys voice and sometimes if I can't calm him down then daddy holding him and talking to him does calm him down.

July 3rd, 2013, 07:59 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I'm mean. If Henry has eaten (like last night when i was up for two hours nursing, burping, and attempting the pacifier) I wake DH up. I don't care if he works and I don't, it's his kid too so he has to help. He doesn't mind and sometimes he is just more relaxed than I am so Henry relaxes a little more.
July 3rd, 2013, 08:02 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
Must be all husbands! Ugh, that statement grates my nerves lol I'M FREAKIN' EXHAUSTED, YOU ARE NOT!! lol

July 3rd, 2013, 08:13 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Ugh, I can totally relate. The worst of it for me is that he can sleep right through Evan's crying, so if I don't purposely wake him up he doesn't. So then he gets grumpy and it's MY fault he's tired, because I woke him up to help me. And then he wants to sleep all day long (he works nights and has several days off per week), so if I want a nap I have to make sure he's awake enough to watch the boys.
July 3rd, 2013, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjh12 View Post
Ugh, I can totally relate. The worst of it for me is that he can sleep right through Evan's crying, so if I don't purposely wake him up he doesn't. So then he gets grumpy and it's MY fault he's tired, because I woke him up to help me.
Same thing. He's a miserable grump if I wake him up. It's easier to just get up and do it myself.

July 3rd, 2013, 10:23 AM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My husband is great about helping, until he actually falls asleep. Then I can't get him up to help me. Last night I'm wide awake for hours because Porter just wanted to eat all night. I'd put him down and 10 mins later he wanted to eat again. I know there isn't anything my husband can really do to help that, but the fact that he was over there snoring just made me wanna kick him and wake him up. He will try to watch Porter some for me so I can nap, but he is still learning how to soothe him, so unless Porter is asleep too, I don't end up with much of a nap when he watches him.
July 3rd, 2013, 10:38 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH was on a business trip last weekend, so he got 2 nights of uninterrupted sleep. When he came home Sunday night, his flight was delayed so he didn't get home until 1:30 am and all he wanted to do on Monday was complain about how tired he was. I had both kids all weekend alone and all the night duty! He was so ticked. He is pretty good about helping in the night, tho. He does diapers and will put her back down after I nurse. Men are such wussies. I think having a newborn and a husband can sometimes be like having 2 babies...
princess136 likes this.

July 5th, 2013, 06:51 PM
princess136's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMama View Post
DH was on a business trip last weekend, so he got 2 nights of uninterrupted sleep. When he came home Sunday night, his flight was delayed so he didn't get home until 1:30 am and all he wanted to do on Monday was complain about how tired he was. I had both kids all weekend alone and all the night duty! He was so ticked. He is pretty good about helping in the night, tho. He does diapers and will put her back down after I nurse. Men are such wussies. I think having a newborn and a husband can sometimes be like having 2 babies...
hahaha!! I just loved your men are wussies comment!!! So true when it comes to babies.

~Kristin~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search