My birth story is finally up! andddd questions

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By QueenCrafty
  • 1 Post By Joanne Nicole

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 5th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Veteran
It took me a long time to get my birth story up, but I finally did. I have just been so busy adjusting to this new family life. Unfortunately my daughter is reverting back to wanting to be a baby/acting like a baby, so that has been challenging... she went from being fully potty trained to having accidents again/wanting to wear her pull ups instead of her underwear sometimes (especially when she is helping me change Logan, she wants to be changed...) and whenever I do something for Logan, she suddenly wants it, like being held/fed, wanting to be in the crib, etc. Any tips on how to get her out of this phase? She loves Logan a lot but I can tell she feels displaced/jealous because she is being super whiny and acting out a whole lot more.. some of it I know could be her age (she is 4) but other than that I don't know... it's a little frustrating to say the least because I am so sleep deprived..

Next question: since I had a vaginal delivery with no tearing/stitches, when do you all think I could start working out again? I feel like I really could now but I am only a week postpartum so I am not sure?

and last for now, for the women who breastfeed: how do you continue to have a life and go out sometimes and still breastfeed? (besides regular pumping) I am going back to work full time after my leave and my schedule is really weird with a couple of overnights so I am not sure how long I can keep breastfeeding up.. I know I will have to supplement at some point and switch eventually like I did with Chloe, I am sure. But in case I can do it longer I would like to know how I can still enjoy a glass of wine at night or something and still breastfeed.. I miss my wine a lot! haha

Anyway, I hope you are all doing great. I am sorry, I'm much more active on Facebook. Congratulations to all the new mamas. We made it through ladies!! Can't wait to be a playroom
July 5th, 2013, 11:01 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I wouldn't do a regular workout until you get clearance from your doctor, but starting slow with walking should be okay. Just listen to your body and take it easy when you need to.

As for drinking a glass of wine while breastfeeding, that's up to you if you feel comfortable doing it. Alcohol leaves your milk at the same rate it leaves your bloodstream, so one drink takes an hour. Some women pump and dump, some drink a glass immediately after nursing to allow enough time to pass, and others just don't drink at all if they are breastfeeding.
pamela.burke611 likes this.
July 5th, 2013, 11:18 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm personally ok with having a glass of wine now and again. I put Finn down between 8-9 at night and he always sleeps until about 2 am. So I know that if I have a glass of wine after he goes to sleep, that it'll be out of my system by the time he wakes up to eat at 2. I do keep one bottle of pumped milk in the fridge, ready to go, just in case I need it.

I'd hold off on any major workouts right now, just start slow and listen to your body, definitely don't overdo it.

I don't have much advice about your DD's behaviour, unfortunately. My daughter is 5 and she spent the first few weeks acting out a bit, but not reverting to baby-like behaviour. She was just being naughty, looking for extra attention all the time. I just made sure that DH spent as much time with her as possible so that she wouldn't feel neglected, and whenever I could I'd hand Finn over to DH so that I could spend time with her. I guess that's the best advice I can give...just reassure her that she hasn't been replaced, that you love her even if you have to spend a lot of time with the baby right now. And know that this too shall pass. It's a phase - your new baby won't always require this much attention, and your daughter will get used to him being around.

As far as continuing to have a life and go out sometimes? I haven't figured that one out. Right now I have a baby attached to my boob 90% of the time. DH has already taken DD out to see two movies that I was looking forward to seeing with them, and that totally bummed me out. I just have to accept that right now, this is my biggest priority and everything else can wait. Our babies are only babies for such a short time, and breastfeeding is one of the best things we can do for them. I've got the rest of my life to do stuff for me, right now I just have to be there for him...even if it kind of sucks sometimes.
pamela.burke611 likes this.

July 6th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Veteran
thank you for your input girls!
July 6th, 2013, 05:57 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am struggling with my son being the same way. It has been very frustrating. I agree with what the other ladies said about working out. Just don't overdo it

Also, I had a glass of wine while breastfeeding. I just limited it to one and drank it after I had breastfed him so it had time to leave the breastmilk.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search