2 week check up & post partum questions

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 5th, 2013, 04:04 PM
princess136's Avatar Super Mommy
Aubrey had her 2 week checkup on Wednesday. She is doing great and now weighs 8lb 4oz and is 20 1/4" long. She was born at 7lb 40z and we left hospital at 1 day old at 7lb even so she has gained really well. She takes 3 1/2 oz each feeding and they are anywhere from 2-4 hours apart. She is a picture of health and I am so excited and grateful for that.

I am still struggling with post partum and it is kind of severe. I filled out a questionnaire at pediatrician office and anything over a 9 is concerning and I scored a 16 so I have an appointment with my doctor on Thursday of next week. I have told my family how I am struggling and my extended family has stepped up and been over a lot to help out. My sister came over today and ran the household while I got some much needed sleep. I have never had such lingering baby blues like this before but today I feel great and haven't cried once so I am hoping that last week was the worst of it and things are starting to turn around. I know sleep deprivation can do many terrible things and I am hoping it was really just the sleep deprived stuff that was causing me to be so upset.

Is anybody else struggling and what have you found to be helpful?

Thanks for any input, I greatly appreciate it!!

~Kristin~
July 5th, 2013, 04:43 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I wish I had some advice. You are doing great with getting help. I hope someone else has advice.

July 5th, 2013, 11:48 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I've had it to varying degrees with all of my kids. With one it was really bad and I had to be put on anti anxiety meds. This time, I'm just on antidepressants for something else so I haven't really had the blues, just periods of sadness.
I found that sleep really has a huge impact on how I feel. Take advantage of all the help you can get. Just a 3hr nap can change your whole day. I'm sure your dr. will be able to help tons. They deal with ppd all the time.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
July 6th, 2013, 07:31 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Asking for help is great! That was my biggest mistake when I had ppd. If things don't improve, talk to your doctor. I started on antidepressants at 36 weeks because of my history with depression and ppd. It's a low dose that is safe for breastfeeding. It has helped me feel normal even with lack of sleep and the craziness of 3 kids

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search