Too many diapers!

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kim3

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 5th, 2013, 08:31 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Does anyone else feel like their baby goes through way more diapers than they should? Lena has been going through about 18 diapers a day this week. What is up with that?! I am doing diaper laundry every day and I thought I had enough for at least every other day laundry. This is nuts...

July 5th, 2013, 08:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
This made me because M also went through 18 diapers a day by that point. G is not there yet since he's only just now getting into the normal EBF poops and frequent pees after my milk came in yesterday, but I know he will be like that too. I have 3 dozen prefolds in both newborn and small and I sure did use 'em

Not all babies go through that many diapers so they usually tell you to buy less, just so you don't overbuy. But if I were you I'd pick up some more, maybe a dozen flats, since they will fit for a big size range and be good laundry day back ups.

It is a blessing to have such problems it means you have a good eater!!! Congrats mama

July 5th, 2013, 11:08 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
Jocelyn has been in sposies until yesterday but I'm sure I'm going to have to buy lots of diapers. I put her in a prefold and it only lasted an hour and that was just urine. I remember having to wash daily with my other kids so I'm sure it's normal. I'm just going to do prefolds and covers until Jocelyn is big enough for OS diapers.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
July 6th, 2013, 06:41 AM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yep! Eli hates being even just a little bit wet so I can constantly changing him.
July 6th, 2013, 07:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have some pockets that can fit Rowan but it drives me nuts to pit them on him. The soaker can hold toddler amounts of pee but I usually end up changing him because he gets gassy and pops a tiny amount, lol.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

July 6th, 2013, 07:53 AM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
emerson goes through soooo many diapers!
i will change her when she wakes and than she generally will poop while being fed
ive gone through two boxes of disposables already

July 6th, 2013, 08:56 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I just put Henry in cloth for the first time this morning. He poops small amounts constantly so I'm sure I'll be washing daily for a bit even with the large stash I have
July 6th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
I hear ya!! I'd be so mad if we weren't doing cloth diapers. I'd be buying diapers every 2 days! The other day Conrad went through 4 diapers in an hour!

Last edited by Karen78; July 6th, 2013 at 02:42 PM.
July 6th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
YES! X TWO! It's crazy. They are still too little/skinny for any of our cloths so we have to keep buying newborns. I can't wait until they chunk up some.
July 6th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
ok- confessions of 3 time mama. i do not change each time she is wet. Every 21/2 - 3 hours or when she poops. Pampers really keep her dry, so a little pee is ok. I also use diaper cream. Even when there is pee in the diaper, the pampers dont even let it wet the diaper ointment, so I figure she has a barrier.
hilachu likes this.

July 6th, 2013, 02:28 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I change her every time I feed her or if she poops. So about every 2-3 hours. She still goes through a lot.

July 6th, 2013, 02:59 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Tristan is a super pooper so I usually change him every time he wakes up to eat which is about every two hours. Unless I hear him do a butt bomber and fill his pamper in his sleep. Which he does at least once a day he poo in his sleep lol

July 7th, 2013, 09:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yup, Ariana goes thru sooooo many diapers I bought a pack of 128 diapers 2 weeks ago and it's pretty much gone. She poops sooo much lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search