Back to work today

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Joanne Nicole

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 8th, 2013, 04:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ellianna is 4 weeks and 2 days - and it is time to return to work. I am self employed, so leaving for 3 months is next to impossible. Luckily I can return on a flexible schedule. Going in today to start at 8:30 and plan to leave by 1:30. Since Elli is generally up at night until 9:30 or 10:00, by the time I get home that gives me a good 7 or so hours to snuggle with my little girl. My mom watches her while I work, so I have encouraged good naps before I get home. I know some people say babies should go to bed at 7 or 8. I always had my mom give them good naps before I got home so I could keep them up until about 9 or so and spend more time with them. Perhaps a little selfish - but my older two seemed to turn out ok doing that I did snuggle with her last night until 1:00 a.m. rather than place her in her crib when she fell asleep.

Trying to focus on the good parts: Plans for my first day back -

1) I will go to the bathroom and no worry about how long it takes and whether she fusses while I go.
2) I will eat my lunch (in my office) at a pace that does not matter (I usually down it just in case she fusses).
3) Leave promptly to return and snuggle with my baby girl.

July 8th, 2013, 05:11 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had to go back to work when my daughter was 4 weeks old, but I didn't have a flexible schedule or family to watch her. It was very stressful for me, so I'm glad you don't have to go through that. It sounds like you've got the best of both worlds - being able to go back to work while still getting plenty of time with your little girl. And knowing you've got your mom to watch her must make it so much easier. And it sounds like you're in a really good frame of mind...going to the bathroom on my own or eating a meal at a normal pace sounds great!

Good luck!
Hsmom85 likes this.

July 8th, 2013, 08:18 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I hope your first day back goes well! That's great that you can start back part time to make the transition easier
July 8th, 2013, 11:45 AM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope the first day back goes ok. I return next week
July 8th, 2013, 12:06 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel so bad for you mamas that have to go back to work Glad you at least have a family member to watch your kids though. A definite plus!

July 8th, 2013, 02:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It really was OK. Yes I did miss her - although I was super busy. I was able to pump enough - so I know she has my bm to eat. I made sure she has a really nice nursery at Grandmas and has an extra bouncey seat, her stroller, etc. We are blessed to have my parents watch her. I was gone for 5 1/2 hours - She slept for about 3 of them She went for a stroller ride and had Grammy snuggles. It is hard not to be with her all the time. However, my paycheck pays many of the bills.

July 8th, 2013, 02:54 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I hope things continue to go well.

July 9th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Good luck on your first day back! Glad you are focusing on the positives

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search