One Month Update

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By loveneverfails

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 8th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The boys were one month old on Friday. I had an update typed up but DH's parents have been here so I never got around to posting it.

Anyway at their one month check-up Nolan was 7lb 8oz and 21 3/4 inches long and Corbin was 6lb 5.5oz and 22in long. Nolan's doing great. Corbin as I've talked about before just won't gain weight. He was 6lb 13oz at birth. :/ So I had all but given up on Corbin BFing. I was going to pump for him, actually both until Nolan decided he missed BFing too much. Then Friday night middle of the night all of the sudden Corbin decides he wants to latch AND eat. Ever since then he has been doing it off and on. We're still offering him about 2oz at each feed since that's about what he was eating when we were bottle feeding him but sometimes he doesn't eat it. So I thought maybe he wants to BF after all but I thought it was too good to be true for him to gain weight... so I weighed him this morning...

7lb 5oz!

What the heck Corbin?!?! NOW you decide it's time to eat and gain weight?! Let's just hope that this isn't a fluke and he continues. We go back in two weeks but when we left the drs office we were basically at the point of I was going to pump as much as I could but he was likely going to end up on formula. Our pedi is very supportive though and supported me continuing to try and BF him.

I really hope this is the turn around that Corbin needed and we can continue to successfully BF.
July 8th, 2013, 10:56 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
WOOHOO! So glad to hear it!

July 8th, 2013, 11:09 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Woohoo good update!! Yay Corbin keep it up!

July 8th, 2013, 11:44 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Yay that's great news! Keep it up!

July 8th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yay

July 8th, 2013, 01:55 PM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
Awesome!!!! You are a great mama!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic: