How often and how much are your babies eating?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ashleykathleen

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 9th, 2013, 01:27 PM
princess136's Avatar Super Mommy
Aubrey is eating about every two hours and 3 1/2 oz each time (she is on formula). At night she can go a little longer and sleep for maybe 3 hours but it is pretty clockwork at 2 hours. But after like an hour she seems to be going crazy and trying to chew on everything in sight. I give her a paci and then rock her and walk with her because I don't want to feed her every hour to hour and 1/2, I think that is too much.

-How much is your baby eating?
-How often is baby feeding?

~Kristin~
July 9th, 2013, 01:56 PM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
we're at the same spot pretty much
2 1/2 - 3 1/2 ounces of formula every 2-3 hours
we can get her to sleep longer at night up to five hours but thats rare
we ended up switching formulas because what we were feeding her didnt seem to be doing it
seems to work better where shes not acting like shes still hungry after eating a full bottle

July 9th, 2013, 02:02 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
She's about the point of a growth spurt so it's normal that they want to eat more. I would follow her hunger cues. Maybe if its only an hour after she ate last make an oz and offer it.

Payson is EBF so I'm not sure how much she is eating and I offer her the breast every time she is acting hungry or seems to want to eat. Usually it's about every 2 hours sometimes longer stretches and sometimes less.

July 9th, 2013, 02:12 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I am exclusively pumping, and we feed John on demand. So, he's bottle fed but gets only breastmilk. He eats generally every 2-3 hours (day and night) and typically around 3 oz per feeding. But sometimes he only takes about an ounce and a couple of times he has put away about 5 oz over the course of about 30 minutes at the bottle. He can be quite the little piggy!

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

July 9th, 2013, 02:26 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a piglet. He eats pretty much every 2.5 hours. Sometimes will go 3 and couster feeds in the evening every 1.5. When he gets a bottle of BM, its between 3.5 -5 oz at a time. When nursing, e avg about 25 min
July 9th, 2013, 04:06 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I breastfeed so no idea about amounts. During the day I'll nurse for about 25-30 minutes every 2-3 hours. Evenings tend to be closer together for feedings. During the night he eats for about 45 minutes every two hours.
July 9th, 2013, 04:39 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
He eats between 2 to 3 oz every 2 to 3 hours. And occasionally he will want more than 3 oz but he usually tends to spit up if I let him eat more than 3 oz so far.

July 10th, 2013, 08:33 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Anna usually eats 2-3oz every 2 hours. Sometimes she gets hungry after an hour and we'll give her an ounce and now in the evenings before bed she'll usually take 4oz (if we're lucky). She only sporadically sleeps more then 2-3 hours at night and rarely sleeps more than 90 minutes at a time during the day and she eats as soon as she wakes up. I feed her whenever she's acting hungry.

July 10th, 2013, 12:28 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
McKinley is EBF. She eats every 2-4 hours usually but I just feed her on demand. The closer to bedtime we get, the closer together her feelings tend to get. She usually eats for 20-30mins at a time. The few times I have offered breast milk in a bottle, she ate about 3-4oz.

Lately, at night, she has started mostly sleeping all night long. She will have an insanely long feeding around 10pm, and then sleep through until about 5am. It's absolutely heaven
princess136 likes this.

July 10th, 2013, 07:02 PM
princess136's Avatar Super Mommy
Lately, at night, she has started mostly sleeping all night long. She will have an insanely long feeding around 10pm, and then sleep through until about 5am. It's absolutely heaven [/QUOTE]

Jealous momma over here on the sleeping part. But so excited and happy for you!!

~Kristin~
July 10th, 2013, 07:06 PM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We feed on demand and he eats for anywhere between 10 and 45 minutes, depending. He usually eats longer right before bedtime then sleeps up to 5 hours.

#1, 4, 5, 7
July 11th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Veteran
-How much is your baby eating?
2.5 oz

-How often is baby feeding?
Every 1.5-2 hours during the day and 2-4 hours at night.

She is 2 weeks old today and is on pumped breastmilk.

Dylan Thomas - born into Heaven 2/7/09
Vivian Noelle - 12/17/09
Faith Caroline - 6/26/13
July 11th, 2013, 12:41 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
Peyton eats whenever she's awake... lol and she sleeps a lot!! But really it's about every 3-4 hours, sometimes less during the day, like every 2. At night she usually sleeps her first stretch of 5 hours from 9:30-2a or 3a. Then sleeps again 'til 6 or 7a. She's EBF and we don't use a paci, although I thought about it in the beginning because it seemed she was at the breast 24/7 in the hospital and a couple days after we got home! But then my milk came in and she was all good!

July 11th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Now that Corbin has decided to breastfeed again they are both eating about every 1.5 to 2hrs for about 20 to 30 minutes. They go a little longer at night and usually feed anywhere from 9 to 10, again around 2ish and then again around 5ish. Once they have that 5am feed they are usually back on their daytime routine of 1.5 to 2 hrs.

Corbin does still get a bottle sometimes. Mostly if we're out because he doesn't do well nursing in an unfamiliar environment. We're working on it but he will strictly comfort nurse and never eat when we're out. When he does he gets about 2 to 3oz. When I tried pumping with him he was getting about 2.5 to 3 oz every two hours. If I went more than 3 he would spit up. He hasn't really had a bottle in the past couple of days so I hope he's still gaining. I think I'll check tonight.
July 11th, 2013, 02:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
- We EBF so no idea how much he's getting. But I am usually pretty engorged to start off and he gets a big letdown right away and then many big gulps still going after that.

- We feed on demand, so sometimes he is just on the boob forever, especially in the evening. He will sleep 2-4 hour stretches at night but I rarely let him go more than 3 hours because my engorgement will wake me up, so I will wake him up to feed. They say at his tender age he shouldn't be sleeping more than 4 hour stretches anyway. I honestly don't keep track of timing though, except at night I do tend to check the clock since the nightlight has it built in. (I always change him before a feed at night, he always needs it.)

July 11th, 2013, 05:55 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
We are also EBF so I have no idea how much he is drinking but when I nurse I get 1-2 oz and when I try and pump the same side he nursed on I get nothing so I'd assume he's getting anywhere from 1-2 1/2 oz. He nurses every 3 hours now but sometimes goes up to 4 hours at night and if he's swaddled during the day.

July 11th, 2013, 06:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ariana is EBF and eats about every 2-3 hours but I breastfeed her on demand as well. Whenever I giver her some breast milk in a bottle like if hubbys watching her while i have. Stuff to do then I usually give her 3 1/2 oz, anything less shes not satisfied.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search