Sleeping style?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By navywifey2003
  • 1 Post By Kim3

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 9th, 2013, 01:31 PM
princess136's Avatar Super Mommy
I wanted to see how your baby sleeps? Aubrey will sleep for hours on your chest and that is the only time I can really get her to sleep good during the day (she seems to sleep fine in her bassinet from about 2am-9am). She always falls asleep after bottle and I burp her and keep her upright for about 15-20 minutes to assist in her not spitting up. But once I lay her down in her swing, playpen or bassinet she wakes up almost instantly and cries. And I have tried letting her cry but she just screams and works herself up into a sweaty mess!

I'm exhausted because I can't sleep when she sleeps because she won't sleep!!

Am I the only one going through this sleep issue?

~Kristin~
July 9th, 2013, 01:54 PM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
sleep is a fight for us
sometimes she refuses to sleep even though shes tired
or she'll fall asleep on me but as soon as i try to put her somewhere she wakes up

July 9th, 2013, 02:06 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Payson sleeps on my chest, in her mamaroo or rock n play. She is usually up every 2 hours to eat. Just remember they were snuggled close for 9 months they still want that close feeling.

July 9th, 2013, 02:49 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
As frustrating and exhausting as it is, that sounds completely normal for a baby so little. Henry will only sleep on me or for very brief periods in his swing. DD would only sleep lying flat/still after about 10 weeks. :/

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

July 9th, 2013, 02:57 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by princess136 View Post
I wanted to see how your baby sleeps? Aubrey will sleep for hours on your chest and that is the only time I can really get her to sleep good during the day (she seems to sleep fine in her bassinet from about 2am-9am). She always falls asleep after bottle and I burp her and keep her upright for about 15-20 minutes to assist in her not spitting up. But once I lay her down in her swing, playpen or bassinet she wakes up almost instantly and cries. And I have tried letting her cry but she just screams and works herself up into a sweaty mess!

I'm exhausted because I can't sleep when she sleeps because she won't sleep!!

Am I the only one going through this sleep issue?
Nope. This is my issue exactly. I wait until she falls asleep, put her down to eat/go to the bathroom/pump and she screams until I'm done what I have to do. She sleeps in the bassinet fine at night, but the only other place she will sleep is on a person. It sucks. You are definitely not alone.

July 9th, 2013, 03:30 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Henry will nap in his swing or on us. At night he cries if he's not snuggled up to me so he sleeps in our bed for now
July 9th, 2013, 04:03 PM
wildchihuahua's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yup - same here and totally normal. I will put her in the moby if I need to do something around the house (and she'll sleep there). Otherwise, I just cuddle up with her to sleep.

July 9th, 2013, 04:50 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Tristan naps on my chest or curled up next to me in bed at night in the crook of my arm or he lays on my chest at night also. He will nap briefly in his swing or bouncer if I put him down already asleep and he doesn't wake up. When I am pumping I sit with my legs cris crossed/Indian style and I lay him on my legs or I hold him on one side while pumping the other. I love having my babies sleep near me though and don't try to force them to sleep away from me because having them near me they feel better and I feel better.

July 9th, 2013, 05:42 PM
Veteran
Hello, I'm lurking from the July DDC. My baby Ryan is a little over 2 weeks old now and he has the same problem...only wants to sleep when I'm holding him. I've pretty much given up using the bassinet and he just sleeps with me. I only lay him down for like 10 minutes at a time in the bassinet - enough time to use the bathroom, refill my water jug and grab some food. I wish I could convince him to sleep in the bassinet but right now it's just not worth it listening to him fuss.
July 9th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Super Mommy
Same is fairly content to sleep where ever. I always swaddle him up to sleep for the night in his playard, though, and I think that makes a big big difference. He also doesn't spit up much, so sleeping flat is probably a lot easier for him. I love to have him sleep on me in the afternoon while we both take a nap for an hour (older boys sit on the couch and watch a movie, I'm a very light sleeper) Otherwise he'll nap in his swing, bouncer or rock n play during the day. I am seriously counting my blessings, he is an amazing sleeper and I can't believe how lucky I got this time around. At least for now, it may not last. My four year old still has a hard time sleeping at night, all the planets have to line up just right in order for him to sleep all the way through the night.
July 9th, 2013, 06:01 PM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
This is the exact same thing I am going through!!!! Its so hard!!! She wakes up every time I sit her down!!!

July 9th, 2013, 06:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ellianna now will only sleep on my chest or in he crook of my arm - even at night. There has to be a stronger word than exhaustion.
overlinmommy17 likes this.

July 10th, 2013, 07:07 PM
princess136's Avatar Super Mommy
Thank you everybody for responding. I am so glad I am not alone and that the things I am doing (like having her sleep on my chest or in my arms barricaded with pillows in my bed) are the same things other moms are doing.

Tonight she was awake and so alert and content for almost 2 1/12 hours. I bathed her and gave her a 4oz bottle and she was asleep before she finished it. I am so hoping she sleeps for a long while tonight because she was up almost the entire afternoon fussing.

~Kristin~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search