Baby acne, eczema, or a rash? *PIC ADDED*

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 10th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've recently noticed that Aidan has bumps on his chest and across his shoulders on his back. I've put lotion on him a couple of times so I thought maybe he had a reaction to it (DD has sensitive skin and reacts to every lotion we've ever tried), but I quit putting lotion on him 4 or 5 days ago and the bumps are still there. Now I'm wondering if it could be a reaction to our laundry soap, but I'm using free and clear soap and fabric softener; though I do use a dryer sheet with his stuff and it's not free and clear. So then I think well it could be eczema, DD had it as a baby. I'll take and post a pic when he's awake and see what you guys think.. I doubt it's baby acne as it doesn't look like baby acne.

#1, 4, 5, 7

Last edited by Mom2LillieAidan; July 10th, 2013 at 11:10 AM.
July 10th, 2013, 10:55 AM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Trey has white bumps all over face and as of last night on his shoulders and chest that everyone says is acne but I also think is eczema

July 10th, 2013, 11:07 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
My oldest had eczema as an infant. It was raised, red, crusty patches. Henry has started to get baby acne with just a few little red bumps on his face
July 10th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Baby acne. Alex had full blown pimples and Rowan is a pizza face. My hormones are very strong apparently.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

July 10th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Is it normal for them not to have any on their face?

#1, 4, 5, 7
July 10th, 2013, 02:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Your picture is a little blurry, but it kind of looks like fifth's disease.

Fifth Disease-Topic Overview

July 10th, 2013, 02:26 PM
After reading about fifth disease, I'm convinced that is not it. His rash looks a lot different and there are no spots on his face.

#1, 4, 5, 7
July 10th, 2013, 03:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
If it was Fifth's then it's over now, lol. No, it really does look like baby acne. They don't always have it on the face. Here, I'll try to post a picture of Rowan's. BRB

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

July 10th, 2013, 03:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy

Sometimes he has flare ups and they're very red and obvious. Other times they pale down to pink (like pictured). Right now the ones on his neck are more red while his chest and face are paled. HTH

And here are some pics of my goofy lookin' kid, lol

July 10th, 2013, 07:15 PM
princess136's Avatar Super Mommy
Baby acne in my opinion. Aubrey had this for a few days on her neck really bad. Tonight I just noticed that it is almost completely gone.

Eczema is raised and rough feeling and usually appears in patches. My middle daughter had this terribly as a baby and toddler.

Should go away on its own, no need to treat or try anything is what my ped said.

~Kristin~
July 10th, 2013, 07:25 PM
May 2013 Cohost
I would ditch the fabric softener and switch to unscented dryer sheets. Also, could it be the soap you are using to bathe him?
July 10th, 2013, 08:10 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Looks like baby acne to me also. Tristan has started to break out as of today also. DD did have eczema as a baby and she still does get it occasionally but that was red raised patches that could sometimes have crusty dry skin.

July 10th, 2013, 11:58 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also vote for baby acne. McKinley has tons on her face right now but a week or two ago it started out as bumps in random places all over her body. The body acne cleared up just in time for her face to break out.

July 11th, 2013, 06:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ariana also has bumps all over her body, mostly on face and legs. She had her one month check up today and dr said it looked like an allergic reaction so to keep an eye to what I'm eating. I vote baby acne, cuz it doesnt look as bad as a rash. I'm guessing its our hormones that males the babies breakout since I see a lot of moms having this issue with their breastfeed babies? I'm hoping Ariana is not having an allergic reaction

July 11th, 2013, 06:23 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I would think it was also baby acne. Zack has red spots with a white spot in the center randomly on his body, face, feet and hands. Dr said it was baby acne and just to watch them to make sure they are not rubbing against clothes and getting irritated.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search