Spitting up..

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 11th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aidan is spitting up a bunch today and I don't know why? Every time he eats, he just spits it back up within 20-30 minutes. I wonder if I've eaten something that disagrees with him but I'm not sure what it could've been. What are the usual culprits?

#1, 4, 5, 7
July 11th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Rochelle
Em has been doing that for a week or so. It's getting better but it's like she has a bad gag reflex if she gets jostled at all, it will trigger it. I know my nipples are fast flow bc she had to pull off sometimes she's gulping so much trying to swallow it all. Bc of that, I've thought the vomiting may be from overeating and she can't contain all the milk in her tiny stomach. My DD2 had a bit of an issue with this too at this point and got over it pretty quickly so I'm not too worried. Maybe it's something in my diet but I don't do much dairy or nut products so I don't really think it's an allergy for us.

Hope it stops for you guys, I know it's a pain in the butt, scary and worrisome.
July 11th, 2013, 08:41 AM
I didn't think about it being a problem with milk flow.. He pulls off frequently, sputtering from fast flowing milk.. I suppose that could be it.

#1, 4, 5, 7
July 11th, 2013, 09:57 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
It could be an over active letdown. When they spit up, it usually looks like a lot more than it really is. A lot of babies just have an immature little flap that closes off the stomach from the esophagus. Around 6 months it will start to work better an you'll see less spit up. If it is projectile spit up and/or it seems to bother baby (screaming, arching their back after feeding) then you may want to look at your diet and possibly see about reflux meds
July 11th, 2013, 10:37 AM
He doesn't seem to be bothered when he spits up, other than a little crying, but no screaming or anything like he might be in pain. He seems to be doing a little better now, if only I could get him to sleep.

#1, 4, 5, 7

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search