do you pumo until milk stops?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 11th, 2013, 03:49 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been complaining about how I.don't have enough milk to feed Eli.
I've been pumping for 34 mins and milk is still coming.
Is this too long to pump or should I keep going untik it stops?
Usually I stop at 20 whether it's still coming or not. I guess this could be a problem?
July 11th, 2013, 03:56 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My milk flow slows way down after about 10-15 minutes, so I usually stop there. I can normally get 2-3 ounces per side, depending on how long it's been since she's eaten.

July 11th, 2013, 04:47 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I pump until a few minutes after the milk stops just in case. Sometimes I can get another letdown. As long as milk is coming, I wouldn't stop
July 11th, 2013, 05:07 PM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Because trey has been on another cluster feed due to growth spurt I pump no more than 10 minutes on each side.

July 11th, 2013, 05:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It is recommended that you stop 5 minutes after the last little bit IF you are building supply. If you want to stay constant quit when the flow does. If you want to decrease it pump to desired amount and then quit.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

July 11th, 2013, 06:02 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I've been pumping for 20 minutes. I'll get drops at that point still but I still stop. I've noticed I've gone from 2 oz every time down to 1-1 1/2 oz. He normally nurses on one side so I pump the other side.

July 11th, 2013, 08:17 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I pump normally for about 20 to 25 minutes. But I usually don't get anything but drops after 15 minutes.

July 11th, 2013, 09:35 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I pump 15-20 mins each time. I get milk in spurts. It will come for a while, pause, and then start up again. Maybe this is multiple let downs? I'm not sure what you'd call it. But I would probably continue to get milk like this as long as I kept the pump on. I have never had more than maybe 3 mins with no milk at all coming. If milk is still actively coming with each pull when I was planning on stopping, I wait for a pause and then stop.

July 12th, 2013, 06:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have one boob that over achieves and the other is lame, only putting out 2 oz at a shot. The other one puts out about 7.

I pump until the milk stops entirely or I fill up the bottle, whatever comes first.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search