Postpartum Check Up

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 11th, 2013, 06:49 PM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Today I had my 4 week check up. I'm only 22lbs down with another 20 to go of baby weight.
I got prescribed the mini pill for birth control but when do I start taking it since I'm breastfeeding? Also she cleared us for sex as well as tampons so as soon as my tattoo heals I'll be swimming.

She gave me Rx for Errin bc but don't say when to start. Anyone bf'ing have experience with this pill?

July 11th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My doc does not do a check up until 6 weeks, so I have not seen him yet. If I recall correctly, start taking it immediately and then wait like 2 weeks before unprotected sex. Also, it is extremely important to take it the same time every day - this is more important with the mini pill then with the regular pill.

July 12th, 2013, 09:15 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also got the mini pill. Doc said it's fine while BFing because it's estrogen only.

July 12th, 2013, 11:13 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Start taking it immediately. Like Kim said, wait 2 weeks before having unprotected sex because it takes that long for the hormones to build up to an effective level in your body. Seriously take the pill at the exact same time every single day. Set an alarm if you have to. If you miss even one pill, use back up protection. I used to take the mini pill because I can't take BC with progesterone in it due to my migraines I get (the mini pill is estrogen only, regular BC has progesterone also which is what you don't want passed in your BM and it puts you at higher risk for blood clots and strokes if you have certain conditions). I got pregnant with my son on the mini pill because I wasn't religious about taking them at the exact same time every day.

July 12th, 2013, 11:53 AM
I called my doc,she said if I haven't had unprotected sex yet to go ahead and start taking the pill. I think I'm going to start Sunday so I can keep track with the package. I'll definitely have to set an alarm to take same time every day.

July 13th, 2013, 01:48 AM
morgankaedenmadisonsmommy's Avatar Beyond Blessed
You look great! I took the mini pill after Madison and started it the Sunday after I got my prescription.

July 13th, 2013, 07:46 AM
Thanks! I still need to lose another 20 lbs of baby/pregnancy weight to get to my pre pregnancy weight. Ya, I'm going to start tomorrow.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search