Post partum bleeding

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By sunnydaze

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 11th, 2013, 06:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
OK - I have seen some ladies only bleeding for 2 weeks. Saturday will be five weeks for me. About a week to ten days ago, it turned to brown bleeding for 2 days. It then went to bright red - enough to fill 1-2 pads a day (and I do not mean pantyliners Wondering if anyone else is still bleeding (fair amount bright red sometimes with small clots 5 weeks pp). I have my check up on the 17th (doc likes to wait 6 weeks, so I guess he will tell me then if it is normal. My mom suggested that I went right from pp bleeding to my first period. I guess it is possible, although I am consistently bf without supplementing. There have been 1 or 2 times when Elli went 5 hours without nursing - but generally no more than 3 hours.

July 11th, 2013, 07:19 PM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I stopped bleeding last week at 3 Weeks pp. But then 2 days later got what seemed like regular AF flow and today was brown tint. Who knows if it could have been AF for me or not

July 11th, 2013, 07:26 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With DD I bled for 4 weeks PP then got normal AF. This time my bleeding is very erratic. It will be almost nothing for a few days then a lot for a day. I am only 2 weeks PP now but I'm not even sure when it will quit this time. :/

July 11th, 2013, 08:45 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will be 4 weeks pp on Saturday and I am still bleeding. I have had a few times with a day or 2 of nothing that I think it's over, and then, just like you said, more bleeding, back to a bigger pad. I really don't think it's AF for me. AF for me is HEAVY and does not come and go. PP bleeding sucks.

July 11th, 2013, 09:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
With my first pregnancy, I bled for about 11 weeks. I remember, because I stopped right as I was about to go back to work after 12 weeks. Then 2 weeks later, AF showed up. It was a cruel joke. I think I bled for around 10 weeks after my second pregnancy. This one made things easier on me...I bled for 3.5 weeks, then was able to ditch the pads. I still had some clear discharge, but not a whole lot, so I was able to use cloth liners. Now, at 5.5 weeks, I've got some light pink bleeding, so it's back to the liners. At least I can use cloth now instead of the huge disposable pads. Those were hurting me!
July 11th, 2013, 11:27 PM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm 5 wks PP and still bleeding exactly like that---it sucks!

July 12th, 2013, 04:41 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
My first thought as I was reading your post was that it was AF as well, but who knows! I'm 2 weeks and a couple days pp and still bleeding. Some days it's heavier than others, and I thought the clots had stopped but they started up again last night so who knows!!!

July 12th, 2013, 05:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am 3 weeks PP after a c section now, almost 4 weeks. Some days it seems like its the last day of your period and other days it seems like its the heaviest day of your period and I want to lock myself in my room with a box of chocolated and a bottle of tequila.

Anyway you slice it, this sucks. I feel like...."Haven't I done enough already? Can we just skip this nasty bloody session?"

It blows. Hang in there.

July 12th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm at 5 weeks pp and still bleeding. My ob said she's seen some last for 10 weeks. Esp with twins.

It comes and goes throughout the day but its still red when its there.
July 12th, 2013, 09:10 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I bled for almost 4 weeks. I'm just over 6 weeks now and still have to wear a liner because of heavy discharge. I wish this would stop.

July 12th, 2013, 10:01 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I've bled for 6 weeks with my other pregnancies. I'm almost 4 weeks pp and still bleeding red
July 12th, 2013, 05:23 PM
bobbiejo1982's Avatar Super Mommy
I had a C section and stopped bleeding about 2/3 weeks PP. I stared taking the pils at almost 4 weeks PP. We did they dtd last Friday and Saturday at 4 1/2 PP and now I am just over 5 weeks PP. i started spotting again and now today it is almost bleeding again UGh. You think this is do to starting the pill or DTD???m I am pumping too.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search