Having a hard time...Not sure we are cut out for this. Update with Question

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree14Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 14th, 2013, 12:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Bicycle his legs and move them up & down to relieve gas too. Hugs to you I hope you find what works!

July 14th, 2013, 03:26 AM
bobbiejo1982's Avatar Super Mommy
Little pee not a ton thou. I am watching it very close now. spot feels the same as far as I know. I don't think hes dehydrated but he has went from having all kinda of wet seedy dirty diapers to hardly any and hard sticky if so.
July 14th, 2013, 06:56 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Quote:
Originally Posted by navywifey2003 View Post
What about his pee diapers? What does his soft spot feel like?
These are the best indicators for dehydration. If the soft spot isn't sunken in and you are getting wet diapers, you are okay. Definitely keep an eye on it though.
July 14th, 2013, 07:22 AM
bobbiejo1982's Avatar Super Mommy
Thanks ladies! he finally hate a somewhat normal dirty diaper thanks goodness. We are still watching him close.
July 14th, 2013, 09:34 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hope your little guy is doing better today. Like the other ladies have said, just keep track of his wet diapers. I've actually kept track on paper a few times if I think Anna isn't eating as much as usual, but she always has at least the recommended 6-8 or more. It can be very worrisome though.

As for the fussiness - As some of the other ladies have mentioned, some babies cry just to cry. It can be just to get rid of extra energy or because they're simply bored. I know sometimes Anna just cries for the heck of it. Sometimes if she's had everything she could possibly need, I'll prop her up on her boppy and bicycle her legs (it's great for gas, and it's good exercise) for a while to help with the extra energy. Sometimes I dance with her a little and sometimes I put her in her bassinet to let her cry out the extra energy while I go to the kitchen and do a few dishes (I can still hear her, but the running water helps drown out enough of the sound that it doesn't drive me crazy). And, as the other ladies have said, most babies are simply extra fussy in the evenings - people call it the witching hours.

Hang in there- you're doing a great job and your LO is lucky to have you. Just keep trying different things until you find what calms both of you. I know it can be very frustrating!

July 14th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The witching hour hangs around for years, btw. At daycare it was 5pm. Good Lord, I hated 5pm.
eshute likes this.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

July 14th, 2013, 04:21 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerinSun View Post
Also, I wanted to add this: when the baby cries and you go through the usual steps to calm them down (feed, etc) but they still scream...put them down. Put them some place quiet and dim and serene, like their crib. And for 15 minutes do something else. They need a break from being fussed over and you need a break from fussing. Heck, go longer if you need to. Go outside even. Take the monitor but turn it way down. Sometimes babies need to scream to reorganize their sensory input and they're getting overstimulated. As parents we need to understand our limits and to respect them. As long as you are meeting your baby's needs and they are in a safe place it is totally okay to take a break.
Thank you for saying this. I don't go to the extent that the "cry it out" method seems to advocate, but there are times where DD is just crying for no reason. I hate letting her cry, but sometimes I just need a couple of minutes (and I think she does too) to mellow out. As long as I know her needs are met, sometimes this is my last resort. So many people think this is cruel. Even her doctor said that sometimes babies just need to cry.

July 14th, 2013, 06:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We never did CIO and I don't like it as a rule, but I also don't see the sense in holding and hanging around a baby that obviously is not benefiting from my presence. All it does is stress you out and sometimes that makes the baby feel worse.

Much better to go and do your own thing to calm down and then come back in 15minutes or more all happy and collected and try again. The baby knows you're coming back.
princess136 likes this.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search