Babywearing!

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree29Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 12th, 2013, 09:52 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

Wearing little guy His head looks like such an awkward angle from my boobs though haha poor kid he seems to love it though

Last edited by MamaSkunk; July 12th, 2013 at 10:07 PM.
July 13th, 2013, 12:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Love it!
July 13th, 2013, 02:44 AM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
Sweet!!!!

July 13th, 2013, 02:51 AM
morgankaedenmadisonsmommy's Avatar Beyond Blessed
I love baby wearing! People stare at me when I use the wrap here because not many people here baby wear espceially not with a wrap. We're a really small town, btw.

July 13th, 2013, 03:18 AM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay! I've been using the Moby for the last few days (thanks to some encouragement from my DDB TeresaV) and we went to 3 stores today and I wore him in each one and he was perfect! Not so much when it was time to get back in the carseat each time though! But I love wearing him and I'm so glad you can wear your little man too!
TeresaV likes this.
July 13th, 2013, 07:04 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
Zack loves being in the Moby. I'm still mastering the infant hold though since I got it for Hailey when she was a few months old. I can't wait till I can use my Mei Tai for him since I like that one better!

July 13th, 2013, 07:19 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jealous! I dont think i could wear Anna because i'm so big and feel like i either cant find a wrap big enough or that it would be really awkward.

sorry about the grammar. baby in hand

July 13th, 2013, 08:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I wear Arthur constantly in the moby wrap...constantly. I love it! DH even wears him a lot. We would be lost without our wrap.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
July 13th, 2013, 08:18 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I haven't mastered my Moby yet but I have worn Henry a few times around the house when I needed to get lunch for the girls. I am looking forward to using my Ergo again though. Baby wearing really makes life easier
July 13th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Lol, I have a ring sling and a mei tai and I just bought more material to make another sling. DH wants to kill me, lol. I actually like my mei tai more but the sling travels better. I want to learn how to make a mei tai with buckles.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

July 13th, 2013, 08:53 AM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
Very sweet. His neck worries me, it has no support on it. Tighten the top rail and make sure his spine is straight up and down
BTW the color is beautiful!

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

July 13th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
i love baby wearing! We use the ergos all the time and I twin wrap the moby around the house.

heres our twin wrap

July 13th, 2013, 12:03 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Very cute! I have a moby and we tried it a few days pp but I was still so sore in my neck and back. Also I was so paranoid bc it seemed like she couldn't breath. I do like it though and will try again. I also have a beco butterfly. It is an older version. I tried it yesterday and loved it!

July 13th, 2013, 12:49 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SassySami View Post
Very sweet. His neck worries me, it has no support on it. Tighten the top rail and make sure his spine is straight up and down
BTW the color is beautiful!
I actually slightly loosened the top rail to pull it down as his head was tucked in just for the pic. It was my attempt to show off my sweet baby. Lol as far as keeping his spine straight up and down that's still a challenge he likes to push off to the side and fall asleep. I've only worn him 3 times so far and I spend most of the time readjusting him cause he likes T2T but he likes to push off to the side of my boobs so he sits funny.

July 13th, 2013, 12:56 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
there's a couple of awesome babywearing groups on facebook. They give wonderful and awesome advice and can help troubleshoot as well. I actually just posted a pic of P in my new RS this morning for some help about her shifting sideways as well! There's been a ton of new posts with new RS wearers lately too, and a ton of youtube videos for it as well!!

Babywearing 102
Babywearing LOve & Support

MamaSkunk likes this.

July 13th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Awwwww I wanna babywear too!!!! So sweet I am not well enough to walk unsupported with a load yet, but I can't wait til I am I have a Maya ring sling, mei tai, ergo (DH is already using this!), Boba, and a woven I'm an addict lol
Mom2LillieAidan and bribugg13 like this.

July 13th, 2013, 10:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So how do you keep them from shifting? Despite making several RS I'm not adept at wearing them yet, lol. For instance, I just learned how to adjust each rail without prying the rings apart. I don't know why it took me so long, lol

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

July 14th, 2013, 05:59 AM
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
Here's all of the videos i have collected so far on my youtube account for wearing ring slings. I'm sure there's a ton more out there but these are all recommended from the other groups! They've all really helped me to get things right lately. I wore her all over yesterday, the only problem I'm still having is her dropping lower after walking for awhile.

Ring Sling Tutorials - YouTube
MamaSkunk likes this.

July 14th, 2013, 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shen7 View Post
Awwwww I wanna babywear too!!!! So sweet I am not well enough to walk unsupported with a load yet, but I can't wait til I am I have a Maya ring sling, mei tai, ergo (DH is already using this!), Boba, and a woven I'm an addict lol
Jealous of your stash! I don't wrap (yet!) but boy am I tempted! LOL What woven do you have? We have an ergo as well that I'll use when she gets a little older, Connor loved the ergo. Started out with a moby with Connor but was WAY too hot for us, ended up selling it. Tried a mei tai with him also but he highly disliked it so I sold it as well. Wish I had kept it, may be getting another one! lol
shen7 likes this.

July 14th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bribugg13 View Post
Jealous of your stash! I don't wrap (yet!) but boy am I tempted! LOL What woven do you have? We have an ergo as well that I'll use when she gets a little older, Connor loved the ergo. Started out with a moby with Connor but was WAY too hot for us, ended up selling it. Tried a mei tai with him also but he highly disliked it so I sold it as well. Wish I had kept it, may be getting another one! lol
It is a Dolcino woven, variegated blue color, gorgeous but I got it when DD was like 10 months old and super wiggly, she was highly uncooperative for my learning process I have kept it just for using with #2 here!! Very excited to become a good wrapper it will be a learning curve though, I know.

We have the infant insert for the ergo, which is generally considered a waste of money, but we LOVE it up until 5 months or so. It is so user friendly and makes it foolproof to pop in a tiny baby. DH really really loves the ergo, it is the black/grey Sport or Performance nylon kind so not too girly looking for him. I prefer the Boba but only because it has little snap loops on the shoulder to hold your purse strap in place. We keep the ergo adjusted for him and the boba for me

I should try the mei tai soon too, those are supposed to be good with newbies! I also got that one when DD was older, so she was always in a back carry, but it should be great for front carries.

I have been starting to walk around the house unsupported a little bit so I think within a few days I will try wearing the baby it should actually be safer than holding him in arms since I will have my arms free to brace myself if needed. I'll make sure I'm supervised though.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search