PP weight

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 13th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I was curious where everyone stands at their PP weight. Have you lost the baby weight yet or are you close? I went in for a 2 week PP check yesterday and I am down to 170. I was 180 at my first prenatal appointment and at my last appointment the day before he was born I was at 203. I'm amazed how fast its come off. I know the BFing has helped a ton and I've been watching my portions now too. 10 more lbs and I'll be at my pre pregnancy weight with Hailey. I was 160 when I got pregnant with her. I don't see myself hitting my pre pregnancy weight with Madison since I was 135 when I got pregnant with her.

July 13th, 2013, 08:13 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
At my 6 week post partum check up this past week I was one pound below my PP weight. I'd love to lose more though. I was a little overweight to start with.

July 13th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Rochelle
Last I checked I was 2 lbs shy of my pre-pg weight. I still need to lose 50 lbs to get to where I want to be though.
July 13th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm about 15 lbs less than pre pregnancy. I'll take it.
July 13th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm about 20 lbs under my pre-pregnancy weight, but I've got about 20 more to get to my goal weight of 160. I haven't been 160 lbs since I was 18 years old, but I'm sure I can get there. I actually gained all my weight BEFORE having babies...and just kind of hovered around the same weight over the last 5 years since DD was born.

July 13th, 2013, 09:34 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I'm 4 pounds over my pre-pregnancy weight at almost 4 weeks pp. This is the quickest I've lost weight, but I only gained 22 pounds anyway. At this point I am exactly the weight I was before getting pregnant with my first. That was before I started running.
July 13th, 2013, 10:43 AM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
At my 2 week checkup I was 7 lbs away from my weight at my 1st pregnancy doctor's appt. I gained 29-30 lbs total from that starting point. I know I probably gained a little before my 1st doctor's appt from when I found out I was pregnant, but with there being a difference in my scale & the doctor's, I'm just going with that first appt weight. Hopefully I will be below that soon!
July 13th, 2013, 11:01 AM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm still 18 lbs up from my pre-pregnancy weight. I gained a lot this time. I'm also healing really slowly and my incision is still open so I can't even think about exercise yet. I can't wait to get back on my feet and get this ball rolling!

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

July 13th, 2013, 12:25 PM
bobbiejo1982's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm really struggling. I gained about 42lbs. I was overweight to begin with too. I am 5 1/2 weeks pop. And have lost maybe 18lbs. I still at least have 22 to go. I am pumping so thought that would help. I can't really do much. I haven't been cleared to exercise. And the baby needs constant attention. I wish I knew what else to do.
July 13th, 2013, 12:30 PM
Veteran
I was 195 when I got pregnant, 208 when I delivered, and I'm 182 at 2.5 weeks pp. I'm pretty happy with it so far.

Dylan Thomas - born into Heaven 2/7/09
Vivian Noelle - 12/17/09
Faith Caroline - 6/26/13
July 13th, 2013, 01:22 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am 12 pounds below my pre-preg weight. I only gained 11 pounds during pregnancy, but I am very overweight to begin with.

July 13th, 2013, 01:33 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am back at my pre-pregnancy weight. I gained 23lbs. I lost it within 2 weeks. I still can't fit my pants though because my hips are widened. Boo...

July 13th, 2013, 02:00 PM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I gained 42lbs during pregnancy and at 4 weeks pp check up I lost 22lbs...blah.

July 13th, 2013, 02:09 PM
bobbiejo1982's Avatar Super Mommy
How are you all doing it? How is everyone below there pre pregnancy weight. WaY TO GO what is the trick lol
July 13th, 2013, 03:12 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Honestly, I have no idea. I think it's because I've been trying to sleep during the day when the baby sleeps and a lot of the time that means choosing sleep over food.

July 13th, 2013, 04:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am back in my bigger-sized pre-preg pants and clothing. My belly shrunk a lot already, I am surprised and happy about that, esp since G was so big and I was so stretched out at the end. I have no idea what my weight is. I do have some extra fat stores in my hips and waist but I am happy with that, I need them for breastfeeding right now and they will go away slowly when I get back to being active. Mainly I am concerned with restoring my pelvic floor muscles, and my core, both to heal the SPD and just to get my feeling of body integrity back. It took me many months after DD to figure out how to close the gap in my abdominal muscles - mainly I had to correct my posture (straighten my lower back) and strengthen the transverse abs first (pull belly button up and in towards the spine) - this time I'd like to address it sooner.

July 13th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am 8 pounds below pp weight (but 2 pounds below my weight at end of 1st trimester as I lost due to food and smells not being so good 1st trimester ) The weight melts off me while I bf and I actually get too thin. Then when I stop bf, even salad puts the pounds back on. I guess I should wear the bikini this year as I wont be able to once I stop breastfeeding.

July 13th, 2013, 07:29 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I dont have a scale so I have no idea.
MamaSkunk and Kim3 like this.

July 14th, 2013, 05:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have 16lbs to lose to get back to PP weight.

July 14th, 2013, 11:26 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
4 weeks PP and 6 pounds to go. DH is talking about getting a tread climber (he needs to lose about 35 pounds) and I am hoping that happens. I would like to lose 12 total. I did get into one size smaller pants today, so that is a victory. One more size to drop.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search