Vent

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Joanne Nicole

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 13th, 2013, 07:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Last night our friends had us over for a bbq and to meet Arthur. I've always had an issue with the wife for the 10 years I've been with DH, but I figured we were only going to be over there for a couple hours, how bad could it be?

OMG. First thing we get there, and Arthur is fussy, so she asks what's wrong. I said he just needed to eat. She asked if I wanted to go somewhere private, and pointed out that I could go in the basement. I politely said I was fine, and that I had a cover and told her of all the very public places I had BF'd and proceeded to feed the baby. To give an idea, our other friend showed up while I was feeding and was confused why the baby was covered, until DH told him.

Anyway, fastforward to after dinner and we're all hanging out in the basement and Arthur needs his diaper changed (he's just wet). DH is upstairs using the restroom, and when I started getting ready to change Arthur's diaper, the wife CLEARS EVERYONE FROM THE ROOM, deserting me down in the basement all by myself, like we had the plague or something. And then later, DH was going to change another wet diaper, and the husband said we could change him in the living room, but she piped up and said "nope, you guys can go downstairs." She also never went near the baby the whole time we were there. I never felt so awkward and unwelcome somewhere before. Hell, I just visited my old work and they were ready to convert a conference room for me since their bathroom didnt have a changing table.

I was super annoyed, but I kept my mouth quiet. This whole trip is an exercise in me not causing drama. Yesterday I was ready to pack us up from my in-laws and go stay with my aunt, but that's a rant for another time...

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
July 13th, 2013, 08:07 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I assume these friends don't have any children? Regardless, that is bad form. I'm sorry. Hugs Hun.

#1, 4, 5, 7
July 13th, 2013, 08:23 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
People without kids just don't get it. As far as friendships go, unfortunately having a baby can change things. I find that I just don't have the ability to maintain friendships with people who don't have children because they don't understand that your kids come first and foremost. It doesn't matter if you've made plans, if your kids need you, plans come second. And things like feeding and diaper changing, that we just treat as second-nature, they feel uncomfortable with and make a big deal about.

You don't need any extra drama in your life right now. You've got enough on your plate without having to deal with "friends" like that. If you really do want to maintain a friendship with them, I'd suggest inviting them over to your house next time. They can't very well tell you where to feed and diaper your son when it's your house. If they're interested in staying friends, they'll come and be gracious guests and have a good time. If they're not interested, they'll make some excuse to not come. Either way, you'll know where you stand with them.
4hearts likes this.

July 13th, 2013, 08:27 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
That's weird! I wonder what her problem is.
July 13th, 2013, 11:07 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow talk about anal!

July 13th, 2013, 06:23 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I would be so annoyed and I probably would have left. I get that things change after you have kids but they should have made you feel welcome. Hugs hun.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search