what do you do...

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TeresaV

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 14th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When baby starts screaming while you're in the car? I've been pulling over and giving him his paci.
July 14th, 2013, 05:09 PM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It depends on how far we are from our destination. We rarely go anywhere further than 10-15 minutes away, so I just shush him from the drivers seat. If SO is in the car, he reaches back and finds his paci and gives it to him.

#1, 4, 5, 7
July 14th, 2013, 05:20 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nothing if I'm close to home. If she is screaming in the car nothing I do will calm her down without pulling her out of her seat.
bribugg13 likes this.

July 14th, 2013, 05:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Mostly I just sing or talk to him. Rory has yet to fuss in the car. Alex screamed like a banshee no matter what. Eventually we just turned the radio up real loud and rolled down the windows to drown him out. If it was close to a feeding and we had more than a half an hour to our destination we would pull over into a parking lot so that I could feed him.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

July 14th, 2013, 05:37 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I'm lucky enought that my ODD can help me by trying to give him his binkie.

July 14th, 2013, 06:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Either SS gives them a paci or if I'm alone then I roll the windows down that always works.
July 14th, 2013, 06:20 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If it is time to eat and more than 20ish minfrom home, i pull over to feed him. Bodhi rarely fusses though. bourne screamed his head off for 12.25 months so often we had to just let him scream. It was miserble.
July 14th, 2013, 06:50 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Like others it depends on how far we are from where we are going. Henry gets fussy at first but calms down once we get going. Abri was a screamer for about 6 months too and there was nothing that calmed her down.
July 14th, 2013, 07:43 PM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
most times just let her scream
Emerson seems to dislike her car/carseat
its terrible and i feel bad for DS when hes in the car
unless shes still asleep when putting her in the cat its pretty much a guarantee a cry/scream fest
can't wait to go to my in-laws 3 hours away =(

July 14th, 2013, 07:59 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We've only taken him somewhere in the car a couple of times but for the most part, Henry doesn't mind his car seat much. He fusses a bit but usually falls asleep. I make sure to feed him right before we go anywhere and we're never in the car for long so we just shush him or have DD sing him a song until we get there.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

July 15th, 2013, 12:06 AM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
One of the kiddos usually help out but she's in the middle and I can reach her too so I'll put my hand on her or give her her binki. She usually does really well in the car and falls asleep.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
July 15th, 2013, 05:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
turn the radio on, she likes music

July 15th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
Ive never been in the car with Leif by myself. There is always another child in the back that will take care of him. However, with my first, I really didn't do anything. If she didnt have the "Im hurt" cry, then I just let her cry it out. I will do the same with Leif if I ever drive without anyone else in the car.
July 16th, 2013, 04:49 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
McKinley hates her carseat. It is truly the only thing that upsets her (aside from being hungry). We don't ever go anywhere more than 10-15min away so when she starts screaming, I just let her. If Jaleigh is in the car, she gives her the paci but a lot of times she is so ticked that she won't take it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search