CDing at night

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MerinSun

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 15th, 2013, 05:13 PM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
What do you use for your newborn? We're using prefolds for Conrad right now. But I don't want to leave him in a wet prefold for a few hours while I sleep and risk him getting a rash. I have some microfleece I can cut up to make some stay-dry liners to protect his bum, but was just wondering what you guys are doing. So for now, we've been doing disposables at night. Blah. With my older son, we used to use pockets and/or fitteds, but had too many leaks so we switched to disposables at night for him too.

July 15th, 2013, 05:21 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I prefer a prefold or fitted for her at night. Even in a sposie he would be wet so it's not much different.

July 15th, 2013, 05:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We just use the same old prefolds and covers at night. If they are sleeping soundly, they won't pee until they wake up, generally. And I actually find it useful at this point to change him at night so that he wakes up and feeds more efficiently.

DD started needing doublers and then more advanced absorbency when she got to a few months old and slept longer. But not because she was sitting in pee longer, just because she would FLOOD the diaper when she started to wake up, so it had to be able to catch all that pee.

The only times I've really felt the need for stay-dry was for long car rides. We have some fleece liners that work well.

July 15th, 2013, 06:57 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
We still use the prefolds and covers, but I'll slather on the cloth safe diaper cream as a barrier just in case.
July 15th, 2013, 07:53 PM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by navywifey2003 View Post
I prefer a prefold or fitted for her at night. Even in a sposie he would be wet so it's not much different.
Yeah but the disposables pull away the wetness a little better than just a wet prefold, right?. I think I'll make some liners from my microfleece.

Thanks, ladies!

July 15th, 2013, 09:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
If his skin is getting irritated then a microfleece liner would work very well. I've been thinking about doing this with Rory as well.

We use prefolds and covers at night. I thought it'd be more of a problem than it actually is. Easy peasy.
Karen78 likes this.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

July 16th, 2013, 10:13 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have started using the pockets at night. I have been using the small inserts (for newborns that work as doublers later) but last night, we had leaking. She got too wet. So I will switch to the full size inserts for tonight. I checked this morning and she is big enough to use them on the smallest setting now. The microfleece from the pockets should protect her skin.

July 17th, 2013, 07:56 AM
cheerfulsunrise's Avatar Super Mommy
I usually use a pocket or thirsties all in one. I go to bed late and change her before I go to bed, and then change her when she wakes up in the middle of the night too.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search