getting outside with baby

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ashleykathleen

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 15th, 2013, 06:40 PM
bobbiejo1982's Avatar Super Mommy
So I tried getting the stroller out and go for a walk just to get discouraged. Jackson got fussy right away and it didn't work out where I live the mosquitoes and bugs are so Thick this year it is unreal. I really want to get them outside though. Stupid bugs.
July 15th, 2013, 08:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Can you go earlier in the morning when the heat and bugs might not be as bad?

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

July 15th, 2013, 08:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I feel you. We lived in Mississippi when DD was born. In June. I remember one outdoor photo session being cut short by a huge spider falling down on her from a tree (I pretty much freaked out lol). And just the heat and humidity and buzzing insects all around. Ugh!!!

It is nice out here, but I have yet to walk around much with G, since I am still recovering my mobility, and he is still tiny. Looking forward to babywearing him for walks

July 15th, 2013, 10:52 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Baby wear him then he will be a bit more protected from bugs and put a natural mosquito repellant...one without deet on yourself. Or go somewhere less buggy. Or go earlier like mid morning.

July 16th, 2013, 03:24 AM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have some super thin (almost see through) footed pj's that keep him covered from the mosquitos (some are bigging that Bodhi here ) for Bourne and me, we Love California baby repellant.

They also make clip on buggables that are supposed to repel mesquitos without spraying baby. They worked well when B1was small.
July 16th, 2013, 06:46 AM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
our issue here is the heat
been in the 90s and will be for the week
i hate hiding in the house but its too hard to get out with both kids by myself

July 16th, 2013, 06:53 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It has been 90's here so getting out is hard, I can't take the heat lately! I can't wait this the weekend it is 70's. our yard is super buggy too it sucks. We also have hornets in the front yard we need to take care of. I have worn her for walks and I can keep her much more protected that way.

July 16th, 2013, 06:59 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I go for our walks early early in the morning, like right when we all wake up. I baby wear McKinley and push Kiefer in the stroller, Jaleigh rides her bike. We aren't very humid here but we are miserably hot so that helps us avoid the heat. McKinley sleeps the whole time when I wear her.
zkat likes this.

July 16th, 2013, 08:53 AM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleykathleen View Post
I go for our walks early early in the morning, like right when we all wake up. I baby wear McKinley and push Kiefer in the stroller, Jaleigh rides her bike. We aren't very humid here but we are miserably hot so that helps us avoid the heat. McKinley sleeps the whole time when I wear her.
We typically go late evening after the sun goes down a little. Around 7:30 it was still blazing hot last week, but at least we had shade.
July 16th, 2013, 09:58 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's been really hot and humid here too. I'm also worried about the sun. With the heat and humidity it's hard to cover DD up enough to protect her, and sunblock is not recommended until 6 months. We went to my stepdaughter's soccer game yesterday and I was thankful that the sun was low enough that turning the stroller against the sun kept her shaded.

July 16th, 2013, 10:06 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
We get out in the morning before it's too hot for the girls' swim lessons. Mosquitoes have been terrible here in NC because it has rained every day for the last 6 weeks. Yesterday was the first day with no rain.
July 16th, 2013, 10:10 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's been hot and humid here and the bugs are outrageous. Our back yard is a swamp from all the rain and the front yard gets so buggy it's not really an option. Anna doesn't seem to take heat too well, either. Just like her mom. I've been keeping the blinds open all day and making sure she gets a little natural light that way, but the weather has just been dumb here. This week is supposed to be 90's and there's no way I can handle taking a walk in that heat, especially since I'm only now allowed to start increasing physical activity. I'm also still scared that if I try to do too much too fast the infection might come back. The evenings and mornings haven't been much better in the way of humidity and the temp has only been slightly lower. So, right now it looks like hiding out in the house with the AC is our plan.

July 16th, 2013, 07:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Matt has been taking Arthur out almost every night in the Moby to stroll around our complex. Luckily we have an army of frogs that live in the retention pond and they keep the bugs at bay, so we don't have a bug problem. We're hoping to get a few more walks in the park in before Matt has to go back to work in 3 weeks.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search