Giant car seat and stroller connundrum

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wildchihuahua

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 16th, 2013, 06:13 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When I purchased Finn's stroller/car seat combo, I didn't realize that they were sized for enormous SUV's, not normal sized cars. His car seat doesn't fit unless the passenger seat is scooted so far forward that there's no room for a passenger, and the stroller won't fit in the trunk. His car seat also weighs about 15 lbs before I even put him in it. This is frustrating when having to go anywhere...specifically to doctor's appointments at the hospital where parking is a nightmare. Yesterday I had to park on the 6th floor of the parking garage, and as usual the elevators were out. Then I had to walk to the far side of the parking lot to the medical office building next to the hospital where - surprise surprise - the elevators were out and I had to walk up to the 4th floor. All while carrying 30 lbs of awkward ginormous car seat full of Finn, because I couldn't bring the stroller. My shoulders and back are KILLING me today. Gonna have to do something about this, but I'm not sure what. Any suggestions ladies? Other than buying new...no budget for that.

This is the one we have...I got it majorly on sale for about $100 cheaper than it's listed here Amazon.com: Baby Trend Expedition LX Travel System, Millennium: Baby

Doesn't LOOK that huge, right?

July 16th, 2013, 07:37 AM
wildchihuahua's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No advice on what to do with what you have, but I have never liked carrying around an infant seat - they're all heavy after a while. I tend to babywear when out and about, esp if I have my other kids with me. That way I have two hands available for them and no hassle with the travel system.

Maybe you could resale them and get something else??
MamaSkunk likes this.

July 16th, 2013, 07:43 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We had the same problem with Anna's infant seat in DH's tiny car. We actually had to tilt the seat forward in addition to scooting it all the way forward. We weren't able to do anything about it until we got a new car seat. If you can't get a new system or new car, I would say there probably aren't a lot of options. You will really have to make do with the car seat, especially. But you could babywear in lieu of the stroller or sell it and get the kind that the infant seat just snaps into, the kind that is just the frame. Then you can just get an umbrella stroller when he outgrows the infant seat. Good luck!

July 16th, 2013, 07:43 AM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
i wish i had a suggestion for ya other than selling it on craigslist and buy a new one at a store you can try it out at
DS was in the infant one up to 8 months so depending on how big your kid will grow you might just want to get/use different seat all together

July 16th, 2013, 07:49 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Don't have much advice but if you do sell for something else I suggest a frame stroller. We got one to go with the graco click connect seat (which is super light) and I love it! It's very light and easy to pop open and use to go into stores. I want to baby wear more but with 90 degree weather I have been using the stroller more.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search