Come on :(

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By QueenCrafty
  • 1 Post By navywifey2003

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 16th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Corbin doesn't seem to be gaining again.

But! He's nursing like crazy and seems satisfied. I don't get it. He was 7lb 8oz last Monday by Friday he was 7lb 12oz and now today he's only up an oz at 7lb 13oz.

He's very alert in the mornings and happy. He is peeing a pooping like crazy and now that I'm back to no dairy he is sleeping better.

Should I be concerned? His weight check is next week. I'm just scared he's going to say somethings wrong. Should I go back to pumping for him and bottle feeding so I can monitor?
July 16th, 2013, 11:17 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
An ounce still counts as a gain, right? I've never had gaining issues with my babies so maybe I am not the best person to give advice. But it seems like if he has plenty of wet and dirty diapers and is nursing effectively, then I would continue to just nurse until the next weight check and then decide from there.
navywifey2003 likes this.
July 16th, 2013, 12:16 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Stop weighing him at home Hun you are making yourself crazy. You are doing wonderfully and if he is acting the way you say with the dirty/wet diapers he is ok. He's probably just a slow gainer. Huge hugs Hun.
zkat likes this.

July 16th, 2013, 12:59 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am going to second Lyndsay on this one. Don't drive yourself mad. He is happy and had plenty of wet and dirty diapers. That is a much better indication than weight gain. My 2.5 year old hasn't gained an ounce in over 4 months and my pedi said kids go in spurts. They will gain slowly and then over night - boom.

A mom in my other PR has a 6 month old that weighs 13 lbs (normal size at birth) She is very healthy, active and meeting her milestones, so her Dr. isn't worried it.

Our babies are all starting on their individual curves now. Some are going to be 6 foot tall and others may not break 5 ft.

I also want to add: Maybe he is growing in length. Typically, babies chub up first, then sprout in length. They may stay close to the same in weight, or even lose a little but they grow in length, so it is still growth. Some Pedi's forgot that little factoid before they sound the not gaining alarm bell

Last edited by zkat; July 16th, 2013 at 01:14 PM.
July 16th, 2013, 03:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
He is growing in length he is almost off the charts in length.

Thanks ladies. I just get so worried about him. He is very long and skinny. I need to stop comparing him to my chunk Nolan.
July 16th, 2013, 03:51 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Sounds like my David and my Katelynn.

David is long and skinny. He is 6 and weighs 46lbs but is almost 48 inches tall. He was like this as an infant as well and he was ff.

Katelynn was ebf for 2 months or so and she is average length but stocky.

Every adult comes in all different shapes and sizes so do babies.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search