Hotel travel with a newborn and almost 3 year old

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By zkat

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 16th, 2013, 03:06 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Any tips? We traveled a lot with Anna when she was tiny, but we always stayed with family. DH has two business trips coming up- one in Philly and one in NYC and since I'm not working, we were going to make them family trips and take the kids (really for Anna) to some cool places in those cities. We will take the pack & play for Lena to sleep in and basically our whole CD stash. I don't think the hotel has a fridge, so I think we're going to be regularly refilling a cooler with ice to keep pumped milk cold. A little concerned about how it's going to go with Lena waking up in the night and waking up Anna...

Any tips would be appreciated

July 16th, 2013, 03:57 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just finished a weekend stint with my 2.5 year old and my 5 week old. Which chain are you staying in? Hilton chain will supply a free fridge for families traveling with infants or breastfeeding moms. (I traveled for work a lot when Bourne was little) I would bet that the other chains will honor a similar request.

We had two double beds. I slept with the baby and DH slept with the toddler. We somehow wore the toddler out so much that he didn't wake when the baby stirred. We got very lucky. I doubt it will work that way next time.

And since you are not FB friends with me, I will copy and paste my FB status update from this past weekend, just for grins.

Dear Hampton Inn, thank you for selecting the Milligan Family as your guest of the day. Little did you know that when you selected us that we would activate the emergency call button in the elevators - twice, spill slippery liquids in your lobby, make a random 8 am call to the front desk with a toddler requesting a tow truck (no, room 902 does not need a tow truck. Thank you) or the same request 24 hours later for dump truck (again, room 902 does not require use of a dump truck this morning)

It was a great stay and we will be back again.

PS - I suggest you unplug the landline phones from the wall
shen7 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search