did you get a free diaper bag?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 17th, 2013, 07:36 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I know this is dumb, but I feel bad I didn't get one. I was on the high risk floor and because my baby wasn't going home, I didn't get one. I asked at the children's hospital when Jocelyn came home, but they didn't have any. It really sucked as I didn't even have diapers and they didn't walk us out to the car. Just said bye. It was weird.

I could really use a bottle cooler now but can't bring myself to buy one.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
July 17th, 2013, 07:45 PM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
I didn't get anything, except the big water jug I had in my room. I was surprised because last time I got a little gift bag with some formula, breastfeeding storage bottles, cold packs, and travel bag for breastmilk. Plus I got a swaddle blanket/outfit thingy. Maybe they forgot about all that this time. I dunno. I was ok with it though cuz I didn't use any of it last time.

I've never gotten diapers from the hospital other than the 4 or 5 that were left in the drawer.

July 17th, 2013, 10:28 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I never got one with my two hospital births. I did get one from our 3d scan place with David though.

July 18th, 2013, 01:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Got one with our first two children. I did not receive one this time - just got a couple of really small sample packs of lanolin and a small box of breast pads from the nurse.

July 18th, 2013, 04:11 AM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We didnt get one either. We did get a sample pack from similac but that is all
July 18th, 2013, 05:20 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We didn't get a single thing from the hospital. We had to provide all our own diapers, wipes, pads, soap for the baby's bath...everything. We weren't prepared for a 4 day hospital stay so my step mum had to bring everything to us from home. They charged me (though I didn't know they charge me until I got the bill) $6 for the peri-bottle and $3 for the ginormous pad they gave me right after delivery - and no mesh panties, I had to put that huge thing in my regular panties. And then they wouldn't give me another big one when I bled through it in 2 hours and needed another. They told me I'd have to use my own.

I was sooooo envious of all you ladies talking about raiding your hospital room for all the extra diapers and blankets and stuff to take home with you.

July 18th, 2013, 06:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanne Nicole View Post
We didn't get a single thing from the hospital. We had to provide all our own diapers, wipes, pads, soap for the baby's bath...everything. We weren't prepared for a 4 day hospital stay so my step mum had to bring everything to us from home. They charged me (though I didn't know they charge me until I got the bill) $6 for the peri-bottle and $3 for the ginormous pad they gave me right after delivery - and no mesh panties, I had to put that huge thing in my regular panties. And then they wouldn't give me another big one when I bled through it in 2 hours and needed another. They told me I'd have to use my own.

I was sooooo envious of all you ladies talking about raiding your hospital room for all the extra diapers and blankets and stuff to take home with you.
That's horrible!

We got two cooler bags with sample formula, an ice pack and storage bottles. There were a few diapers left in the room we took and one small pack of wipes but not much. They did give me a bunch of mesh panties because I kept bleeding onto them and they just told me to trash them and they gave me a handful more. I had an awesome nurse. She said some of the other nurses make people rinse them out.
July 18th, 2013, 08:28 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
We didn't get a diaper bag or formula samples. They did send me home with spare mesh panties, giant pads, and nursing pads. They also gave us Eric Carle's book Brown Bear Brown Bear for Henry and two others for my girls. I thought that was pretty cool. The books also came with a library card, but it's for a different county than ours so we can't use it.
July 18th, 2013, 08:45 AM
dmreed32's Avatar Veteran
Do you need the whole bag or just the little cooler bag that goes inside? I have an extra of the inner one I can mail to you if you PM me your address. If you need the whole bag I can see if I can get one from my mom, she works fior my OB

July 18th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I always get them and never use them. I'm more than willing to send you mine!
July 18th, 2013, 05:25 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaS View Post
If she doesn't want it I could use it if the offer is still out there.

I got a huge swaddler (got one with Hailey too) but I don't use them since their way to big. The nurse gave me formula, nipples, breast pads, diapers and I was told to take the bulb syringe, pads, peri bottle, left over diapers, comb, and we took the receiving blanket that Zack was wrapped in when handed to us.

July 19th, 2013, 04:57 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't get one this time. I got tons of stuff with my other two births and this one all I got was what I raided from the room (extra diapers and wipes, baby shampoo, and peri bottle).

July 19th, 2013, 05:26 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Where I delivered, they encourage you take everything except the linens (ie. baby tshirt, blankets, hat, etc). The nurse we had even brought us a brand new pack of diapers and they stocked me up on pads. I actually still have a couple of the gigantic rectangle pads. I did also get the bottle cooler with a can of formula, coupons, sample of Boudreauxs Butt Paste, an ice pack and two breast milk storage bottles.

#1, 4, 5, 7
July 19th, 2013, 09:31 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't even know this was a thing. We took some stuff (mesh panties, the open pack of diapers), but nothing was offered to us. There wasn't even a hospital paci because I was in a recovery room and not a birthing room after my c-section. We had to ask for a lot of stuff.

July 20th, 2013, 07:26 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
Quote:
I just need the cooler thing. I brought Jocelyn home and realized I didn't even have samples of formula to give her. I had to go to the store and buy bottles, pacifiers and formula. I bought newborn diapers and the next day had to buy size 1 because of her harness. I didn't even have ostomy supplies and 2 months later we're still trying to get what we need. It's just weird because with my other kids they gave me 2 different bags, a pack of diapers, a bunch of bottles and nipples and a few pacifiers. One of my kids they even gave an outfit because nothing fit her.

This has just been such the opposite experience.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
July 21st, 2013, 11:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Rebecca, maybe you can get the cooler bag from Dawn and I can send my stuff to Angie?
July 21st, 2013, 02:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I can't believe most of you all didnt get anything from the hospital, that's horrible. Our hospital provided diapers (2 packs) wipes, baby wash and lotion, pads for me, mesh panties, and smaller pads to take home when my bleeding slowed down. Also got that spray for down there and some medicated pads for down there as well and the peri bottle. I did get one of those diaper bags from similac with a big bottle of already made formula which I gave away but I kept the bag lol. When we went to our 3d scan we received a box with 4 premade similac formula bottles and 4 breast milk storage bottles which I use all the time and some other samples and coupons.

July 21st, 2013, 07:09 PM
morgankaedenmadisonsmommy's Avatar Beyond Blessed
I got one with all my kids except Gracelyn and I didn't even realize it until I read this post.

July 22nd, 2013, 08:39 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't get a cooler bag, but the nurse at the hospital told us to raid the bassinet drawers (diapers and wipes) and to take any extra pads, Tucks, peri bottle, and whatever else from the bathroom.

July 23rd, 2013, 09:24 AM
dmreed32's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Rebecca, maybe you can get the cooler bag from Dawn and I can send my stuff to Angie?
I'm just waiting for address and I can send. Let me know :-)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search