Pyloric Stenosis

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 18th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We just got back from the pedi. Corbin has been projectile spiting up for two days and almost choked himself this morning. He has to have an ultrasound done tomorrow morning. Dr believes it is either severe reflux that has now become too painful for him or something called pyloric stenosis which he would need immediate surgery for. It's where the opening at the end of the stomach is too small. I'm hoping it's not this and it's just reflux. Which if it is he goes on meds asap. He is now 7lb 14.5oz so he gain 16oz in 13 days. He is finally gaining enough weight!
July 18th, 2013, 02:56 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
A lady I knew in WA daughter had this. They didn't do surgery right away though. They put her on meds and were waiting on the surgery. Huge hugs Hun I'm glad he is gaining though that's good news!

July 18th, 2013, 03:14 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
(hugs) Evan is going in for a scan for it as well. Hope it is just reflux and you get "good" news. My nephew had it and had surgery when he was a couple months old. He's a healthy 8 year-old now, but definitely scary stuff =\
July 18th, 2013, 04:39 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
KUP!! I am hoping it is just reflux since it is easier to treat
July 18th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes, hopefully just reflux! We were worried that Rory had that more serious condition but then his violent vomits decreased and occurred less often, which is the opposite of what you would expect to happen. Anti-reflux medicine has definitely made a difference. Day of first dose: 15oz, better than the day before. Day of second dose: 19.75oz

Congrats on the weight gain!

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

July 18th, 2013, 07:06 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay for weight gain!

I really hope it is just relux. Keeps us posted.
July 19th, 2013, 05:52 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's awesome that he's gaining weight! I hope it's just reflux because the meds make a world of difference. My son has severe reflux and wasn't gaining weight...put him on meds for it and he finally started growing. It's amazing how much weight they can gain when they don't throw everything they eat right back up lol.

July 19th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We just got home. Great new...it's not pyloric stenosis. Bad news. Corbin seriously has a belly fully of gas...all the time. No wonder he screams.

He ate at 7am a good feed. Awake and happy from 7 to 8 and slept from 8 to 9:30. Scan was around 9:45 and his belly was FULL of gas. He hadn't been crying at all so there was no real reason for there to be that much air in his belly besides he's just gassy. They think he's probably this way majority of the time. He starts on Zantac today and hopefully this works. If not we have to give it two weeks and then insurance will pay for a better med for us. Our pedi said it can be tricky to get them to pay for it.
July 19th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I had pyloric stenosis as a baby. If it's that he will have his surgery and be good as new.
I was totally fine pretty much immediately after surgery.

good luck mama.

July 19th, 2013, 12:04 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
So glad to hear it's not the pyloric stenosis! Hopefully the meds help him.
July 19th, 2013, 12:41 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
That's great news! Hopefully the Zantac works. Have you tried gripe water yet (I can't remember if you've mentioned it or not)? I used it after every feeding in addition to reflux meds

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search