miracle blanket

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MissyBee

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 18th, 2013, 07:14 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Anyone have one?
What's your opinion?
I have been using a SwaddleMe with Eli and recently he has decided he hates having his arms inside. Bought the Miracle Blanket. Fed him, wrapped him up, laid him down, left the room and he put himself to sleep. Is it really a "miracle" or just a coincidence?
July 18th, 2013, 07:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've never heard of this! I will have to look it up

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

July 19th, 2013, 04:14 AM
I laid him mdown around 9:30. He slept 3 hrs, ate, and I laid him back down. He went back to sleep on his own. Same thing three hrs later. He's eating now and I plan on trying to lay him down again.
It's been great so far!
July 19th, 2013, 07:27 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I have heard lots of great things about it. I'm glad it seems to be working for you.

July 19th, 2013, 10:34 AM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I looked this up and I'm going to buy one today! If it works, it will be worth it! Porter likes to be swaddled and sleeps so much better that way, but he can always get out and wakes himself up!
July 19th, 2013, 12:34 PM
It has worked so great so far. He slept til 11:45 this morning (waking to eat though). I got so much done today
He is napping with it now. Laid him down and he went straight to sleep.
Missy, Eli is the same way.
July 19th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I need this! We do the swaddlemes at night and they work ok but they always get their arms out.
July 19th, 2013, 04:39 PM
May 2013 Cohost
I love the Miracle Blankets! Best swaddle ever! Been using them since 2010, when my son was born. I have 3.
July 19th, 2013, 07:54 PM
I bought one, can't wait to try it tonight!
July 20th, 2013, 08:22 AM
Ok, here is how our night with the miracle blanket went...

Attempt #1: swaddled him in the blanket and fed him and he passed out. Put him in the bassinet and he woke up a couple minutes later and had an arm out.

Attempt #2: took him out of the bassinet and swaddled him again and put him back in the bassinet. He started screaming immediately.

Attempt #3: took him out of the bassinet and fed him again. He passed out. Put him back in the bassinet. He was crying within a few minutes and had his legs out.

Attempt #4: took him out of the bassinet and swaddled him again. Gave him a paci and bounced him to sleep. Put him back in the bassinet. He was crying within a few minutes and had his legs out again.

Attempt #5: took him out of the bassinet and swaddled him again. Fed him again and he fell asleep. I realized as I was feeding him that he had a hand by his face, but I knew if I tried to fix it he would wake up. So I left it. Put him in the bassinet. He slept for 2 hours and woke up with his arm out.

Attempt #6: took him out of the bassinet and changed him and swaddled him again. Fed him and he fell asleep. Put him in the bassinet and he slept for 3.5-4 hours and was still totally swaddled when I got him out. So finally a little success!

The first few times he really fought me trying to swaddle him in it. Therefore it was hard for me to get it right and tight enough. Each time after that he calmed down more and I was able to do a better job. So hopefully now that I finally got it right, maybe I can get a little more sleep!
July 20th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Missy, I'm sorry it wasn't a miracle for your little one lol
I don't see how he could get his arms out so easily. I don't think Eli could ever get them out. When I wrap his arms, I take the fabric over his arm and pull completely underneath him on both sides. Is this how you did it?
July 20th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful2BMommy View Post
Missy, I'm sorry it wasn't a miracle for your little one lol
I don't see how he could get his arms out so easily. I don't think Eli could ever get them out. When I wrap his arms, I take the fabric over his arm and pull completely underneath him on both sides. Is this how you did it?
I wasn't sure how he was doing it either! My husband said he was Houdini. Haha. I guess I just didn't have it tight enough? I was putting it over his arm and behind his back, but I guess with him fighting me and wiggling around, he got it loose before I got the rest tight? The last time he didn't wiggle at all and just let me do it, so I was able to wrap him tight enough that he stayed in it. I think now that he knows he likes it and isn't fighting it and now that I know I can get it on him correctly, it will help. At first I thought "this is crap and is never going to work!" But then I finally got it on him and it was much better. I woke up thinking he'd only been asleep for an hour max, but when I looked at my clock and realized it had been almost 4 hours, I couldn't believe it! I have faith that tonight will be better!
July 20th, 2013, 09:23 AM
Hope it works tonight! Eli is napping with his now. Last night he slept from 8:30-2:30 without waking up. That's 6 hours!
July 20th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I may need to try this. Right now we hold Ellianna all night long to keep her from being flat (increases the reflux). Once the meds kick in we really want to work on the crib. I know that by that point she will be spoiled. Perhaps it would help with the transition.

July 20th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful2BMommy View Post
Hope it works tonight! Eli is napping with his now. Last night he slept from 8:30-2:30 without waking up. That's 6 hours!
If I could get 6 hours in a row, that would be amazing! Even if it just happened here and there! But I will even take a couple of solid 4 hour chunks bc that is better than 2!
TeresaV likes this.
July 22nd, 2013, 08:51 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DD hates having her arms wrapped, but she always startles herself awake. I wonder if this would help her. She's not having an easy time getting used to her crib.

July 22nd, 2013, 11:32 AM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How in the world are your babies getting out of the Swaddleme's? That is the tightest velcro, ever!

I have 2 miracle blankets and a hand full of swaddleme's. I prefer the swaddleme's because they are quick and easy. I can make the Miracle blankets work, but it takes more effort.
July 22nd, 2013, 01:21 PM
I haven't had any more luck with it. He keeps getting his legs out! I can't figure out how I had it wrapped the one successful time so that his legs stayed in!

I have a super hard time with the swaddleme's for some reason. Not sure why I can't figure them out. But it never seems to be on right!
July 22nd, 2013, 01:53 PM
Eli will get his legs out sometimes, but it doesn't seem to brother him. I think it is teaching him to fall asleep on his own because I've been able to lay him down for naps today without it and he goes to sleep.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search