guilty:(

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By eshute
  • 1 Post By Kim3
  • 1 Post By Mom2LillieAidan
  • 1 Post By phantomsgrl11
  • 1 Post By navywifey2003
  • 1 Post By QueenCrafty
  • 1 Post By MerinSun

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 20th, 2013, 01:17 AM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
So Madeline has a pretty severe intolerane to dairy. I heard that some babies could tolerate goat cheese. Well...against better judgement I tried it. All day she had serious green slimy poos and cried with a belly ache. I feel so guilty for doing this to her...it just that this dairy free thing is so hard for me. She can't even tolerate chocolate I'm not a big meat eater so its just impossible to find quick, easy meals....:-( poor Maddie.

July 20th, 2013, 01:34 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aw That stinks for both of you! I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't eat dairy. No one can blame you for trying something that worked for other people. Hope your lo feels better soon!
overlinmommy17 likes this.

July 20th, 2013, 04:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I could not have dairy with my first son. Wow - did 'i ever loose weight. Everything has dairy. Bread has milk or butter. Ellianna now has reflux and I am trying to limit dairy. It certain cuts down on food options. Last night was sushi and pork fried rice.

July 20th, 2013, 05:38 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's tough Hun. I foresee a lot of fresh fruits and veggies in your diet. I would hate to give up dairy.

#1, 4, 5, 7
July 20th, 2013, 09:49 AM
phantomsgrl11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had to give it up with my first son too. He was having blood in his diaper from all the strain he was doing in order to go =( I felt horrible that it took me almost 8 weeks to figure it out with him. Turns out his was just a milk protein allergy and he grew out if it by 11 months when I started to add it back to my diet. He now drinks milk by the gallon it seems.

Unfortunately I did not lose any weight going off the dairy LOL but I found the first week giving it up was the hardest. It is really amazing the things we will do for our little ones isn't it? Best of luck!

July 20th, 2013, 12:38 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Huge hugs hun! I know it must be so difficult and I am so proud of the job you are doing!

July 20th, 2013, 01:34 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Don't feel guilty! You are awesome for doing what's best for her. I was checking the kellymom website the other day. There was a business card size cheat sheet for dairy. There are so many things that have dairy
July 20th, 2013, 04:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Almond yogurt is very good and I prefer the organic Silk to regular Silk. Give those a try for replacing dairy. I'm a dairy fiend but I found those two products to be happy replacements

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

July 22nd, 2013, 10:43 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
There are some good dairy free options if you go to places like whole foods or health food stores. Vegan chocolate is dairy free and you could try things like soy milk or almond milk. There are also soy and coconut milk ice creams that are dairy free and both soy and rice cheese. You could also google GFCF recipes. This diet is really popular for kids with autism, so stuff isn't too hard to find. It's gluten free, casein (dairy) free. You could use regular grains instead of gluten free, but the recipes might help you find some yummy, diary free alternatives to your favorite foods. Good luck!

July 22nd, 2013, 11:25 AM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMama View Post
There are some good dairy free options if you go to places like whole foods or health food stores. Vegan chocolate is dairy free and you could try things like soy milk or almond milk. There are also soy and coconut milk ice creams that are dairy free and both soy and rice cheese. You could also google GFCF recipes. This diet is really popular for kids with autism, so stuff isn't too hard to find. It's gluten free, casein (dairy) free. You could use regular grains instead of gluten free, but the recipes might help you find some yummy, diary free alternatives to your favorite foods. Good luck!
Be careful on the rice cheeses. Most are Lactose free, but not Casein free. I believe Daiya is the only one I have found that is truly Vegan. I would die if B2 was allergic to chocolate. I have a hard enough time right finding vegan chocolate. It does help on the weight loss though.

I responded to this 3x this weekend and my stupid app crashed when I hit reply every time! I am vegan and have learned some quick go to meals. Below are links to my favorite recipe blogs. These are a huge help to me each week when I start planning my meals.

Top 50 Vegan Blogs | PsychologyOfEating.com

FatFree Vegan Kitchen | Sinlessly Delicious Recipes

The Vegan Stoner

Healthy. Happy. Life. | Vegan Blog | Vegan Recipes

Chocolate Covered Katie - The Healthy Dessert Blog

Feel free to message me if you need help/advice etc.

Kat.
July 22nd, 2013, 11:31 AM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
Ahhhh!! Thank you!!

July 22nd, 2013, 11:39 AM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No problem! The sweet potato burgers are one of our regular staples. I sub gluten free flour since I am Celiac. I also prefer to coat the patties in potato starch instead of Panko. The Avocado makes the burger! Oh, and I increase the seasoning to taste and add nutritional yeast.

Easy Sweet Potato Veggie Burgers! With Avocado.
July 22nd, 2013, 11:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Awww that sucks, Ariana is allergic to nuts and breaks out horribly from it so I had to stop eating my favorite snack NUTELLA I don't care about other nuts because I don't really eat them much I'm really upset about my Nutella though lol I feel your pain..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search