My piglet

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Kim3
  • 1 Post By Mom2LillieAidan
  • 2 Post By dmreed32

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 20th, 2013, 02:48 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I swear my son is a little piglet. He will eat and eat and eat and won't stop. He will keep eating til he spits up everywhere and I have to take the bottle or boob away. Its always smack in the dead of the night he wants to pull this stunt. He drank 5 oz of breast milk and started hiccuping which he always does cause he eats way to fast and that's followed with the spit up everywhere and yet if I take the bottle or boob away he flips out and acts like he's starving and like he hasn't ate at all. He will seriously nurse for over an hour and still want more. I also supplement a few ounces a day as no matter how hard Itry and how many times I pump I always seem to not be able to entirely keep up with his demand. And he does this same thing even with formula.
He isn't a gassy baby. He doesn't seem to have reflux. He poops like a champ. But here it is 3:30 am and he won't let me sleep cause he's acting like he's starving and I know he's not. He was up 2 pounds at his 2 week checkup. Seriously. When we left the hospital the day after he was born he was down from 7.2 to 7 pounds even. 2 week checkup he was 9 pounds already.
I have bounced him and rocked him and walked with him. Even put him in the ring sling and walked around in an attempt to get him to sleep yet he's wide awake and still acting starving. Every night! I'm at a loss. Nothing works when he gets like this except to let him eat til he throws it all up and then he's hungry again. As I have tried a few times to see if I just let him eat til he's full and that resulted in him eating over 6 oz then spit up and repeat. What the heck is going on? DD never did this. And besides this weird quirk he is an extremely easy baby. Anyone else have a LO that's a little piglet? Oh and no pacifiers don't work...those get spit out.

July 20th, 2013, 04:34 AM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Does he maybe just want to comfort suck? Have you tried a paci? I feel you -Bourne was like that all the time
July 20th, 2013, 05:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ellianna is eating too much - due to reflux. When the acd comes up, she wants to eat to soothe the acid. This results in a cycle. The doc is having me limit her. He said at this age her belly can hold 2 1/2 to 3 ounces and then it will just result in vomit.
MamaSkunk likes this.

July 20th, 2013, 06:40 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have days/nights like that. I'm sorry Hun. I would think he just wants to comfort suck. What pacifiers have you tried? He may just not like whichever one(s) you've tried.
MamaSkunk likes this.

#1, 4, 5, 7
July 20th, 2013, 07:43 AM
Maybe I will try a different paci and see if that works as he definitely does not like the one he has. He has such a vigorous suck that it always comes flying right out anyway and if that doesn't work I will make his pediatrician check him for reflux.

July 20th, 2013, 08:25 AM
dmreed32's Avatar Veteran
With pacifiers I usually have to hold them in place for a bit for him to get a rhythm. He usually spits it out a few times first
Mom2LillieAidan and hilachu like this.

July 20th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Karry - I really hope he does not have reflux. It is so hard to know if it is a growth spurt (with real hunger) or something else.

July 20th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmreed32 View Post
With pacifiers I usually have to hold them in place for a bit for him to get a rhythm. He usually spits it out a few times first
This exactly.

#1, 4, 5, 7
July 20th, 2013, 06:22 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Anna will eat and eat and eat in the evenings..like she's gearing up for the night. We have to be really careful or it all just comes back up but if we don't give it to her she screams..then she spits up and screams...then wants more...This is one reason we're going to the doctor to check for reflux, among others. She also doesn't like the paci much. She's getting better with it, but not enough that it really helps. She usually figures out that she's not getting food within the first few minutes and just screams some more.

I hope it's just a growth spurt like someone else said and not reflux.

July 20th, 2013, 06:41 PM
wildchihuahua's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Charlotte was doing this around the 2-3 week mark. I finally found that she would take the soothie brand paci (though I have to hold it for her and sometimes she still won't take it). I also have to be very active in burping her, even if she doesn't like it. We tried reflux med, but she would vomit 5 minutes after taking it every time, so I stopped after a week. It's slowly getting better, but I still do tons of laundry. lol

July 20th, 2013, 08:49 PM
I actually just bought two different types of pacis for him. I got the Soothie ones and the Gumdrop ones. He actually seems to like both so I am hopeful that it may work during his nighttime witching hours and if it doesn't work then I will schedule an appt with his ped

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search