Routines

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Hopeful2BMommy
  • 1 Post By LisaS

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 24th, 2013, 07:06 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What routines or schedules have you attempted to start with your LOs? I am going back to work on Monday and we've been trying to get a semi-regular schedule going for Morgan, with limited success.

July 24th, 2013, 07:12 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Eli gets a bath at 8 in the evening, bottle, bed around 8:45

That's our 1 routine that we get right every night

I call it the 3 B's bath, bottle, bed lol
princess136 likes this.
July 24th, 2013, 07:33 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Right now we're up at 7 to nurse a little and he snoozes a bit more while I get the girls and myself ready. Around 8 he wakes up to nurse again. We head to swim lessons. At 10 we get home and he is ready to eat again. The middle of the day I follow his lead. Around 2:30-3 he is tired so he and I take a nap (best part of my day). 5-8 is kinda crazy. He gets fussy and wants to nurse while I'm trying to get dinner made. Around 8 he gets pjs and nurses til he's asleep. Then DH gets cuddle time with him until we take him to bed at 10.
July 24th, 2013, 08:07 PM
wildchihuahua's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wish we could get a routine going. Charlotte has a pattern to her day, but I think her day is 20-22 hours instead of 24 - things seem to happen earlier from one day to the next. lol

July 24th, 2013, 09:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We don't really have a routine. We usually get up for the day between 6 and 7 and watch Boy Meets World together and nurse, and he usually goes back to sleep for an hour. Then around 10 we wake daddy up. Then our day is pretty much staying inside and feeding on demand. Sometimes we go out, sometimes we don't. When we go out, we cross our fingers for him to go to sleep since he hates his car seat. Then our night time routine involves lots of screaming and fighting sleep from 8-10 and then it depends on where he sleeps for what time he goes down for the night. If he's amenable to the crib that night, he goes down at 10, if it's mommy's arms, it's between 11 and 12. I'm a night owl. We give him a bath about two to three times a week and sometimes we do it in the morning and sometimes we do it at night. I think we'll start getting into a better routine when DH goes back to work next month.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
July 24th, 2013, 10:47 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
All I do for a routine at this age is try to make sure he's not awake for any longer than 1-2 hours at a time. We go to bed around 10:30 and I try to get him to sleep in his swing (he absolutely will not sleep lying flat.) Sometimes it works, sometimes I give up and bring him into bed with me. DH sleeps on the couch because our bed is tiny and he snores like an ogre. DD wakes us for the day at 7 and I spend most of the day playing with her and trying to keep her from waking Henry up. If he's awake longer than 2 hours he gets really overtired and it's super hard to get him back down.

Starting at around 6 weeks I'll be more diligent about trying to set a solid bedtime routine and getting him to sleep in his crib but for now we just do whatever works.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

July 25th, 2013, 07:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I try but it's never the same each day. Most of the time we're up between 7 and 8 and they nurse again around 9ish. Corbin's happier in the morning but he really seems to spit up more so he wants to nurse often since he spits up most of his meal. After their 2nd morning nursing time they usually take a decent nap but I'm always in the bed with them. Then they are ready to eat again around 11ish to 12ish.

Last night and this morning was d*** near perfect. I was shocked. They fell asleep at about 11:30( this is awesome for them usually it's midnight) I keep trying to get it earlier each night but no such luck. Then they woke up at 3:15 to nurse, went right back to sleep in THEIR crib! Woke up at 5:15 and then at 7:15 to nurse. They were mostly awake and happy from 7:15 to 8:15. They nursed again at 8:15 awake and playing from 8:30 to 9:15 and are now taking a nice nap, one in the swing and one in the bouncer! OMG I'M FREE! I have no idea what to do this is the first morning nap they have taken without me right beside them.
July 25th, 2013, 08:40 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I keep reading how important it is to establish a routine, but it's so hard at this stage. It makes me feel a little better to see I'm not the only one who doesn't have a schedule yet.

July 25th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't even considered trying to establish a routine yet, but I need to soon. DD starts school in a little over a month and we'll be up at 6am every day and I would like to get all of us to bed at a decent hour, so we'll stick with 8pm for DD and aim for 9:30 or 10 for Aidan and I.

#1, 4, 5, 7
July 25th, 2013, 11:40 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've read that you can start trying to get a routine around 6 weeks, but not to be surprised if it doesn't actually become a routine for a while (maybe a LONG while).

Anna wakes up for the day between 8 and 9, she eats, squirms, plays some and then fights like hell to not go back to sleep. She normally short-naps all morning and early afternoon which is a pain. But usually around 2pm she'll take a longer nap, wake up to eat and play just a little and back to sleep around 5. Wakes up normally about 7, eats, plays and then she sort of just dozes off and on between 1 ounce bottles until bath time at 9pm. She gets a bath, lotioned up and eats a couple ounces. We normally get her down about 10pm and she's been sleeping til 3 or 4am. Up for a bottle and diaper change, back down around 5 or 5:30, back up around 8. And it starts all over.

All of this changes a bit from day to day except her 9pm bath. And even that is not set in stone if something else is more important (if she hasn't slept for 2 hours and is finally napping, for example).

July 25th, 2013, 02:58 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
We pay attention her patterns and they are pretty consistent. Right now she is taking her 4 hour nap that she takes everyday at this time which is awesome because Everett naps at the same time. We make sure her bath days are the same as our older 3 at the same time, then its diaper free time while the older three get their baths, then its diaper, jammies, boobie, usually she falls asleep after this but sometimes she is up for an hour or so. This is very similar to the pattern my older 3 followed. As she starts sleeping less we will begin to see where she needs her naps and go from there. I am pretty laid back schedule/routine wise I like to follow their lead and usually it ends up being their lead is around our day.

July 26th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I do whatever it takes to stop the cries. Snuggle, nurse, walk, bounce, - pretty much on her demand. I do give a bath anf jammies around 9. Would like earlier but running to swim meets with my 2 older kids.

July 26th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We've just been going with the flow, but it seems she's set her own schedule. She gets up anywhere from 7-8 (my older kids are up at 6:30, so I have time to give them breakfast and get snacks packed for the day). Change diaper, nurse, then we head out. I wear her when we're out and about and she usually drifts off to sleep, waking only to eat. We get home anywhere from 12:30-2 and my older kids nap/rest. I play with Mirabelle a little, feed, change, etc. and she goes back to sleep and will nap until 5/5:30...long enough for me to make dinner and sometimes even eat! More awake time, which is when the big kids and DH play with her, then DH gets the big kids ready for bed at 7. I give Mirabelle a bath or shower with her after the big kids are in bed, and she spends about 1-2 hours fighting sleep. Usually she's out by 9 at the latest and only wakes to nurse until the next morning.
Kim3 likes this.
July 27th, 2013, 07:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We have no routine currently. My goal now is to keep the twins content, dd content, make sure dd gets snack s & meals when she should, make sure the dog gets let out, keep my house in decent shape all while working from home ahhhhhh!!! I do dream about a sane routine...maybe one day

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search