Happiness is....

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree21Likes
  • 3 Post By wildchihuahua
  • 2 Post By QueenCrafty
  • 2 Post By Madison.Hailey.Zack
  • 2 Post By navywifey2003
  • 2 Post By TeresaV
  • 2 Post By Mom2LillieAidan
  • 2 Post By beatlechicksteph
  • 2 Post By TeresaV
  • 2 Post By ashleykathleen
  • 2 Post By MamaSkunk

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2013, 10:39 AM
wildchihuahua's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was just thinking, with all the chaos that comes with a newborn (and other older kids home for the summer), sometimes I start feeling pretty negative. But there are a few things that only happen during this amazing time in a child's life. Just think - by Christmas, these babies will be so totally different! So, please add your own. Here are some of mine.

Happiness is...

having your baby snuggle into your chest and sigh, because Mommy is the most important person in her world and no one makes her happier.

sleeping 4 straight hours at once. haha

the first time she looks into your eyes and smiles with recognition.

going "shopping" in the pile of pre-pregnancy clothes and finding things you love to wear.

July 25th, 2013, 11:29 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Feeling his breath on your face when burping him on your shoulder

Hearing the first little coo

When my 3 year old leaned in to give Henry a good night hug and whispers "I love you really much" in his ear
July 25th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
When he snuggles his little head in the nook of my neck and falls back asleep.

When he holds onto my finger or hand while nursing as if I'm going to run away.

When he just sits and stares at me.

When he smiles in his sleep. I love thinking about what he could be dreaming about

July 25th, 2013, 02:05 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I must be overly emotional today because these made me cry. Yesterday I just went through Payson's drawers and removed all her newborn clothes. As I did this I held them and cried, she is 99.9% our last baby and putting these clothes away made me realize how quickly it is passing by. My husband looked shocked that I did it, I asked him why, he said she is still itty bitty, I had to remind him she turns 2 months old next week. All of this is so bitter sweet.

Happiness is

Hearing her try to laugh at the weird sounds her daddy makes
Nursing her and she gives me a crooked smile and milk pours out of her mouth.
Watching Everett try to put a bow on her head and say cute PayPay.
Her startle reflex, its so darn cute.
Waking up next to her in our bed snuggled in the arms of her daddy, this makes me even more emotional because she was delivered by him.

Sigh so many things, and while this stage maybe difficult it goes by so very quickly and you will never get these moments back. Cherish them before you know it you will be sending your child to school and many more emotions take flight.
Gen88 and overlinmommy17 like this.

July 25th, 2013, 02:15 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When she holds my boob with both of her little hands and stares into my eyes while chugging away. Melts my heart.

July 25th, 2013, 02:27 PM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Happiness is...

When he refuses to sleep anywhere for longer than 15 minutes but he'll sleep for hours in my arms.
The way he settles as soon as he sees my boob.
When I walk in the room because he's crying and sissy is sitting next to him, telling him it's okay, mommy is coming, and trying to give him his paci.

#1, 4, 5, 7
July 25th, 2013, 03:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Happiness is...

Listening to all the new sounds he's learned to make while he plays
Seeing his smiling face staring up at me while I change his diaper
Watching DH and him bond through nonsense sounds
Having him grab onto my hand and hold it tightly to his chest when I hold him, just to make sure I'm as close to him as possible.
Staring into his sleeping face as he sleeps on me

The list could go on...Everything about him makes me feel happy. Even as he's screaming in my arms, the faces he makes now while he does it are SO melodramatic, I can't help but smile.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
July 25th, 2013, 06:46 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh my gosh reading all of these is getting me so teary-eyed. I have to go back to work on Monday so these are making me even more emotional about it.

July 25th, 2013, 08:41 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Happiness is:

Watching DF hold her and talk to her while she stares intently, taking everything about him in
When she sleeps with me in the crook of my arm and nuzzles her head up under my chin
Seeing her smile when she recognizes my face
Hearing her giggle in her sleep. Seriously one of the funniest yet heartwarming sounds

July 25th, 2013, 09:29 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Happiness is...

Knowing he likes everyone else but he prefers his mama and he is a total mamas boy.
When DD kisses him and hugs him and worries that he is gonna disappear.
When DH talks to him and calls him his little Boogie cause lil man is always "dancing"
When he holds me finger and stares into my eyes.
The smell of his head especially after a bath and he has that powder fresh baby scent.
How when he nestles into me to sleep he hangs onto my boob and bra strap and just gaze at me as I gaze back at him and often won't go to sleep unless I close my eyes.
How he makes the cutest whimper when he is done crying
How when he is crying be will stop when DD goes and talks to him and gives him his paci or his stuffed skunk.

July 26th, 2013, 07:42 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh my... Hormones must be running high today because all of these are making me cry too! Ditto to all of the above.

Happiness is when DD plays with him to keep him happy, and you can see how much she loves him, even though if you ask her, she'll still tell you that she's disappointed about getting a brother. And happiness is when he smiles and coos at her and stares up at her in complete adoration.

Happiness is going on a picnic with my kids and the three of us snuggling on the picnic blanket while staring up at the clouds.

Happiness is that special good-morning smile he gives me while I get him dressed.

Happiness is his huge smile when I sing silly songs to him.

Happiness is the way he falls asleep in my arms at night...fresh from the bath, smelling so sweet. We snuggle in the dark, I sing lullabies to him, and slowly but surely his frantic suckling turns quiet and rhythmic as he drops off to sleep. It's our special time - he's mostly happy with anyone during the day, but I'm the only one who can put him to bed.

Last edited by Joanne Nicole; July 26th, 2013 at 07:50 AM.
July 26th, 2013, 08:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Happiness is all the kids on my bed snuggling and laughing.

July 27th, 2013, 08:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My hormones must be crazy too cuz I wanna cry our babies are growing too fast and also I love love love everyone's posts!

Happiness is:

Knowing she trusts me taking care of her and knowing I will never let her down
Cuddling with her at night
Nursing her and looking in to her eyes and knowing how much she loves being close to mommy and how comforting mommys boobies are.
Happiness is knowing my lil boy is now going to start kindergarten and although it makes me so sad he's growing up so fast, it makes me so happy to see him starting a new chapter in his life.... I'm gonna go cry in the corner now lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search