BF poop frequency

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2013, 12:22 PM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
Ok, so I'm reading up on this and I'm learning that as long as the consistency is still soft, it's fine....even up to a once a week. How often are your babies pooping now? I'm EBF, and Conrad used to poo a few times a day. He hasn't pooped since Monday, so 3 days now. I'm getting nervous for the explosion coming my way. My other son never has gone a day without pooping so this is new to me. What is your experience with this??

July 25th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Arthur can go a couple days without pooping, and I too did the research and saw that he can go a week and still be okay, which is crazy! And he varies on how much he poops. Most of the time it's once a day. But then he has days where he can poop up to 3 times a day! He hasn't pooped since Tuesday this week, so we're waiting for the poopsplosion (as we call it) that's coming our way. I'm crossing my fingers it's on a daddy diaper change...LOL

Thank you Vicki.. for the beautiful siggy
July 25th, 2013, 02:08 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Payson is unpredictable. Some days she will go a few times a day and then go a few days in between. Some days she will go one big one and then not at all. All is normal.

July 25th, 2013, 02:11 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
In the beginning she was pooping with pretty much every feeding. Now it's usually one big poop a day and sometimes a tiny bit like she sharted.

July 25th, 2013, 02:15 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Evan has been pretty consistent with his once every 1-2 days. And it's not always a major explosion when he goes longer in between, but there are times I wonder how someone so little could have had so much poop in them!
July 25th, 2013, 02:23 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Up to 4 days without going. This has happened a few times for us. She does not go 2 days in a row at all at this point. Hasn't for about 3 weeks. When they do come, they are HUGE! Luckily, we have not had an explosion yet wit the CDs. It has always stayed contained.

July 25th, 2013, 02:34 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lucky! I'd rather have one giant poop a week to clean up than every 2 hours, which is what Henry is still doing. The boy seriously never stops pooping. DD used to go up to 4 days or so, though. Breastmilk is so perfect for their bodies that most of the nutrients are absorbed and there isn't as much waste, so it's totally fine for them to not poop for a week.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

July 25th, 2013, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMama View Post
When they do come, they are HUGE! Luckily, we have not had an explosion yet wit the CDs. It has always stayed contained.
I agree about the CDs! Conrad has had a few giant poops that have gone up the front too as well as the back, but never out of the diaper. I know for sure it would have gotten out of a disposable diaper. We had that happen a lot with my older son when he was a newborn before we started cloth. Ugh!

July 25th, 2013, 04:16 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgeofelise View Post
Lucky! I'd rather have one giant poop a week to clean up than every 2 hours, which is what Henry is still doing. The boy seriously never stops pooping. DD used to go up to 4 days or so, though. Breastmilk is so perfect for their bodies that most of the nutrients are absorbed and there isn't as much waste, so it's totally fine for them to not poop for a week.
My Henry is the same way. He poops constantly
July 25th, 2013, 04:32 PM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Little miss poops every 2-3 days, sometimes even 4. When she does though...watch out! I am liking the only changing a poop diaper every few days rather than every feeding, especially since I am still getting used to changing girl diapers.
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
July 25th, 2013, 04:43 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Eva poops multiple times a day, she is almost 3 weeks. It seems like she is going much more than everyone else! Also, her poops are do watery. They almost always seep out and up her back. What is the consistency of your baby's poops?

July 25th, 2013, 06:14 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
McKinley usually goes once a day but she has gone as long as 6 days without pooping.

July 25th, 2013, 06:44 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We regularly have blow outs that go up and out the back of the diaper.

July 25th, 2013, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy220 View Post
Eva poops multiple times a day, she is almost 3 weeks. It seems like she is going much more than everyone else! Also, her poops are do watery. They almost always seep out and up her back. What is the consistency of your baby's poops?
They say babies' intestines start to slow down a bit after 6 weeks. Conrad is 7 weeks now. With Eva being 3 weeks, it's more common for her to being going that much. Conrad was like that until the past week. It went from multiple times a day, to once a day, to nothing for 3 days going on 4 now.

It's normal for EBF poop to be watery. Conrad's are like that too. Sometimes a little thicker though....it's not drippy or anything.

July 25th, 2013, 08:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy220 View Post
At my breastfeeding group on Tuesday, the lactation consultant was saying that BF baby poop is watery at the beginning and as they get older, it becomes the consistency of pudding. So at almost 3 weeks, I think your consistency is normal according to what she was telling us.

Arthur is definitely at the "pudding" consistency now. And OMG blowouts...our first one was on our road trip, at 4:30 am and I had to change him at a truck stop, and as I carried him in, all I could think was "Please have a changing table, please have a changing table..." LOL

Thank you Vicki.. for the beautiful siggy
July 26th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ariana used to poop every time after each feeding, for the last couple of weeks her pooing has slowed down some days she goes 2-4 times a day sometimes only once a day. I hear its totally normal for BF babies to go days without pooing. So all is good

July 26th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
Zack used to go after ever feeding but has since dropped down to once a day or every other day. He will have a full diaper and the rest of the day skid marks
July 27th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My babies still poop multiple times per day usually after each feeding. But there has been a few days where it they didn't pop that much. It varies. I call Cora 'poopy mcpooperson' lol she poops a lot!!

July 27th, 2013, 07:16 PM
Glad to hear it's ok to go for a week. We are currently on day 5....still no poop.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search