Homemade babyfood maker

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By TeresaV
  • 1 Post By QueenCrafty
  • 1 Post By igotakid

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2013, 06:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would really like to make Elli homemade baby food. Never did this with my sons. However, there appears to be many more makers out there than 8 and 10 years ago. I know that I have about 4 more months until I need to give her real food. However, every once in a while I will see some on sale so I am thinking it would not be too early to buy one. Anyone have a really good recommendation. I will be working full time, have two kids in separate activities (soccer and swimming), helping them with homework, etc., so lots of time is not an option. I know if it becomes too hard I will just give up (not good - but honest). I really am looking for one that cooks and purees in the same bowl Anyone with recommendations - I would love to hear.

July 26th, 2013, 07:08 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had the Baby Breza on my registry but never received it. I believe it costs about $100, but IMHO, the fact that it steams and purees in the same container is priceless to me. I am also intent on homemade baby food. Both the priced of jarred food and the thought of all of the chemicals that Morgan would be getting from it make me sick. I know there are a couple other systems out there but I don't know much about them. I was looking at the Baby Bullet at Walmart the other day, but that is $60. I figure I might as well spend the extra $40 and get something that goes from start to finish. I'm sure I can use a 20% off coupon at Babies R Us and get the Brezza for $80.
Karen78 and Kim3 like this.

July 26th, 2013, 02:15 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I got the Beaba Babycook with my first. It also steams and purees. It works pretty well
Kim3 likes this.
July 26th, 2013, 02:20 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I'm just going to use a food processor. I had the baby bullet and it was ok.

July 26th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I made baby food for both my girls. With my oldest I just used a smoothie blender and it worked good. With my middle one I got a regular bullet and use it and it worked great. Plus I use it for other stuff so its not just for baby food. I make ice cubes with the food and store it in ziplock bags in the freezer. I also have a squeezy maker for when they got older. My 4 1/2 year old still loves the squeezies.

July 26th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I used a food processor for my first. We did baby led weaning for my second and it was even easier! No processing necessary...I just gave him whole steamed (or soft) foods and he went for it.
July 26th, 2013, 04:36 PM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
I have a Baby Brezza that I got as a gift. I had never heard of it, and when I saw that it was 100 bucks I about choked. But it is great! It steams the food first (if you want) and then automatically purees afterwards. I love that feature! Or if you want to just steam some veggies for yourself you can do that too. Or steam them to make them soft for when baby has a few teeth. It will also cook meat, but I always would cook the meat on the stove and then put it in to blend it. It's pretty awesome! It also comes with a few recipes of what is good to blend together.

July 26th, 2013, 07:25 PM
May 2013 Cohost
I loved my Beaba Babycook Original. Now that I have two kids, I wanted an upgrade. I just bought the Beaba Babycook Pro - it can hold and steam twice as much in the basket. It steams and blends in one bowl. Can't wait to use it!
July 29th, 2013, 08:43 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I made all of Anna's baby food, but I could not wrap my head around paying $100+ for something I would only use for a few months. I already had a Kitchenaid blender, which is awesome. I used a pot on the stove and the blender. Definitely not the all in one you're looking for, but it was free considering I already had everything I used and it was super easy.

July 29th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Super Mommy
I still have the food processor I used to make my first's baby food. With singular vegetables or fruits, I would just make a larger batch and freeze in ice cube trays, so easy. Just thaw in the fridge a few hours before feeding. When they got a little older I used it to puree whole meals like spaghetti and meatballs and freeze those, too. This time around I think I'm going to go the baby led weaning route, it seems a lot easier.
July 29th, 2013, 02:33 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With DD we did BLW and will do the same with little man this time. So much easier.

July 30th, 2013, 11:14 AM
I was just reading reviews for the top rated processors on pureelove Baby Food Blender Reviews - Puree Love I'm going to end up getting the cuisinart in the next day or two. I like that it can warm bottles too, so I can get more use out of it when baby is little!
Kim3 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search