Have you ever...

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By MamaSkunk
  • 1 Post By beatlechicksteph
  • 1 Post By zkat

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2013, 08:18 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wanted to shake the heck out of or smack another mom? I was at target picking up organic formula for little man since I still can't keep up 100% with his demand and I seen this mom that I've seen once before at Walmart. Said mom has a super cute little ginger haired ten month old boy (he reminds me of Arthur except older) and when I seen her at Walmart the little guy was standing up in the cart seat and she wasn't even paying attention to him and it was at the checkout lane and I was worried he would fall out then but did not say anything cause I thought OK well maybe she just put him down while paying for her things. Fast forward to today at target. I see her again and in the baby section. Again he is standing up in the seat of the cart not buckled in and she is not paying attention to him with her back turned. I grumbled to DH about it rather loudly. Then we headed over to look at women's section and scarfs cause I seen a diy baby wrap using a scarf bought at target...which that didn't pan out cause no scarf fit over my massive boobs lol then we leave and there she is...walking out and again little guy is bouncing around in the cart. And oh my gosh she is parked next to us. And as I am taking Tristan out of the ring sling I look over and she is putting her 10 month old in the front seat in a car seat that is forward facing AND clearly a car seat meant for a MUCH larger child and I came unglued. Call me hormonal or whatever but I just pictured this sweet little baby crushed by the air bag and I totally popped a cork at her and told her what she was doing was illegal in our state much less completely unsafe..uh hello rear facing til 2 people and rear seat not front seat!! And j went off on her for not buckling him into the seat in the cart. (I have seen what happens to a young child falling out of a cart when I worked at a grocery store and that little girl busted open her face and needed several stitches.) And anyway Itold that lady if iI ever seen her around town with her little boy still in the front seat and forward facing I was gonna call the dang cops. After I got home I thought well maybe she just didn't know better but seriously there are manuals on car seats and every car has warnings to not use front seats for small children and every cart has little warning pictures on the seats. Ugh.
hilachu and eshute like this.

July 26th, 2013, 09:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
ROUND OF APPLAUSE

OMG I can't tell you HOW many times I've wanted to do what you did. I have seen SO many moms put their babies in their car seats in the front seat of the car. It drives me insane! I'm not brave enough to say anything though, so I wish I could be you! I mean, c'mon! We have a convertable car seat, and it's written ON THE SEAT ITSELF the rules of the car seat, so there's no excuse to not know to put it in facing backwards in the backseat. I don't know about the infant seats though, but I'm sure it's the same, right?
MamaSkunk likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
July 26th, 2013, 09:27 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Good for you!!
July 26th, 2013, 09:44 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Steph even on infant seats it says to put them rear facing in the back seat. At least both my Gracos do. And all of our vehicles have warning on the visors saying not to put children in the front seat and they are a 94 Ford a 2001 Saturn and a 2007 Chevy. So I am sure it was on her cars visor also. And it is a MN state law that they have to be in the back seat til the age of 7 last I checked.

July 27th, 2013, 06:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I always understood back seat until 12. I don"t even let my 10 year old in the front. Had to take 2 cars when our son had a friend over as I can only place three in our backseat and we now have three kids - I would not let our eldest 10 or his friend in the front.
That said, when we r at swim meets I nurse Elli in the front seat so she can get cooled off with the a/c. the car is parked though. I do wonder what others think when they see me get in the front with her. The car never moves though - not 1 inch.

July 27th, 2013, 07:45 AM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kimberly, i often nurse Bodhi in the frony seat when parked, too.

And really, forward facing in the front sest?!wonder what her thought process (or lack of thought) was there.
MamaSkunk likes this.
July 27th, 2013, 08:15 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I've nursed Zack in the front seat while parked. Let someone say something! I'm proud that you spoke up. Its common sense people! I saw so many parents from Madison's preschool class putting their 4/5 year olds in the back seat without a car seat and that drove me nuts but they were a lot arabic families who pretended they didn't understand english when they were being told they couldn't park in the vip or handicap spots so I'm sure if I said anything it would have gone in one ear and out the other. I even saw a dad put his son in the front seat of a truck without a car seat.

July 29th, 2013, 08:37 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
A car seat in the front seat? I have never seen this and I am so glad. Yikes! I actually have a vivid memory of riding home from the dealership in the front seat of a new minivan with the seat belt shoulder strap tucked behind me when I was 2 in 1987. I know the car seats and kids in the front weren't nearly the thing they are now, so I don't judge my parents for it, but the thought of Anna in the front or riding without a car seat freaks me the heck out. I don't even like that her car seat is FF now bc she is so tall and she will be 3 next month. (She is as tall as the 4 year olds at the preschool where she will be going.)

July 29th, 2013, 08:53 AM
Eleanor-Abigail's Avatar Keep Calm and Baby Dance
Holy parenting fail Batman! (The other mom, not mamaskunk!) I'm in TX, and for the record, you CAN (and should!) call that kind of BS in. That actually goes way beyond stupidity to willful negligence IMO. As a mother of one child currently struggling to have a second, I have ZERO patience for idiot moms like the one you described. Good for you mamaskunk! Round of applause for sure! You're not being hormonal, you're caring and smart! If you have a license plate # & vehicle description you ought to still call this in to your PD.

2, 4, 6, 8...c'mon body, ovulate!

Nov '12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search