Things you said and now what you do

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 6 Post By Kim3
  • 1 Post By QueenCrafty

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 27th, 2013, 07:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had a few mixed emotions with Ellianna's positive pregnancy test. I said that she would adapt to our lifestyle and not the other way around. I was not going to do what I did with our first two - jump at every cry. Yeah - there is now reality.

She has totally wormed her way into my heart. I respond to every single cry. When we found out how bad her reflux is and how it burns her, I started sleeping in a chair with her on my chest upright. Yep - it has been more than 10 days since her body has even touched the crib. Take 2 cars to the other kids events so that we can leave in the event they events run late and Ellianna needs to get home. Walk her, snuggle her, sing to her, bounce her - anything and everything to calm her. zPut work on the back burner again. So much for her adapting to "our" existing lifestyle. Spoiled princess already.

Funny how someone just 7 pounds (OK - 11 now) can rule you

July 27th, 2013, 10:05 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I can relate! I said I was going to try putting Henry in his crib from day one. When he came home he would spit up so much and choke on it at night that I was afraid of him being down the hall. He started in the bassinet but quickly moved to our bed. He hasn't once slept in the crib. I don't want him too far away and down the hall seems so far.
Kim3 likes this.
July 27th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I said I was going to put Aidan in his crib to nap after the first few weeks, but he mainly naps on the couch where I can see him and settle him easily if he stirs. On rare occasions, I will actually put him in his crib though.

#1, 4, 5, 7
July 27th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I can relate too! I was so firm in the idea that Arthur would sleep in his crib from day one. No room sharing and no bed sharing. Well, then he came 3 weeks early, so the only place for him to sleep was in the pack and play in our room. Then we moved, and he was so thrown off by the changes and being drug all over the place, the only place he would sleep was in my arms, so bed sharing, but not in the bed. He has slept every night for a week in his crib this week, and I'm both a little sad and really happy about it. It's not like he's too far away either...we live in an apartment, and his room is right across a narrow hallway from ours, our doors line up. But still, it seems like miles away after having him so close for 2 months.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
July 27th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I said we would start having the babies nap in a crib during the day start at 1 month old... yea right now one's napping in the swing and I'm wearing the other.

Also I said they would ONLY sleep in the arm's reach co-sleeper together from day one(never in our bed). Nope we've had two successful nights of them in the co-sleeper this week but Nolan still ends up in my arms most of the time. Up until now one has slept in a in-bed co-sleeper but inside the arms reach one and the other in a tiny love rocker.

I've done A LOT different.
July 27th, 2013, 01:04 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I grew up with a lot of babies around most of the time. My dad remarried and they had 3 kids together, starting when I was 9. I didn't live with them, but I was there every other weekend, sometimes more. My dad's side of the family is always having babies, and I have a few younger cousins, then my premie nephew came when I was a senior in high school. So, luckily, I knew that no matter what I WANTED to do, chances were that I'd end up eating my words. So basically the only thing SO and I said we definitely wouldn't do is bed share because it scares the crap out of both of us. Anna has never slept in our bed while we were both sleeping. When I had to wake her up every two hours to eat in the beginning, I would lay her perpendicular to me on the bed during the day so that I could nap while she was napping. I'm really lucky to have a baby that doesn't need to sleep on me or right beside me. We don't even have a crib yet, but that's okay because we wanted to have her in a bassinet in our room until 6 months anyway. Other than that one thing (that I know I'm very lucky to be able to stick with), everything has been flexible from day one. I told everyone that if she wanted to sleep in her swing or bouncy chair, that was fine. If she wanted paci, it was fine. If she hated tummy time, it was okay to just do chest tummy time. I knew that whatever she wanted, she would get, so SO and I decided that it was better not to bother making plans. Haha.

July 27th, 2013, 02:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
hold her all the time....

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search